Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

RIP Shaun

+6
Hip Priest
finlaymcdanger
wanderlust
karlypants
BoltonTillIDie
Norpig
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1RIP Shaun Empty RIP Shaun Sun Jan 16 2022, 22:51

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just had some very bad news, the chap i've been sitting in front of at the match for years and who gave me lifts back to Salford Crescent after games has just passed away.

His wife God bless her just rang me to tell me, i think she is still in shock (i know i am). As i said he sat behind me and we've got friendly over the years and he very generously gave me lifts after games so i didn't have to battle on the trains.

It puts things in perspective for me, i've been feeling rough all day and then i get news like that. I only saw him yesterday as he dropped me off and we had a good chat about all sorts of things and not just football. He was a bit older than me but only in his mid 50's and had a heart attack.

Football won't feel the same for a while knowing he's not sat behind me saying his favourite phrase "strolling on" whenever things were not going to plan.

RIP Shaun, you were a great fella and will be sorely missed.

Last edited by Norpig on Sun Jan 16 2022, 23:12; edited 1 time in total

2RIP Shaun Empty Re: RIP Shaun Sun Jan 16 2022, 23:11

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry to hear that Norpig. RIP Sean

3RIP Shaun Empty Re: RIP Shaun Sun Jan 16 2022, 23:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm sorry to hear this Norpig.

4RIP Shaun Empty Re: RIP Shaun Sun Jan 16 2022, 23:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sorry to hear that mate.

5RIP Shaun Empty Re: RIP Shaun Sun Jan 16 2022, 23:58

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Sorry to hear your bad news, Norpig. His poor wife must be crushed.
I guess as we hit our 50s it’s a reminder to really start looking after ourselves better. I lost a close friend this year and another had a pretty bad stroke which were massive wake-up calls to me.
Pay his wife a visit if you can… it’s hard to imagine what life is like without your other half but I imagine the loneliness must be very difficult to come to terms with.

6RIP Shaun Empty Re: RIP Shaun Mon Jan 17 2022, 01:12

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

RIP Shaun. Sorry to hear your sad news Norpig.

7RIP Shaun Empty Re: RIP Shaun Mon Jan 17 2022, 09:56

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Sorry to hear that Norpig and RIP Shaun but he’ll probably still be “strolling on” behind you even though you don’t see him. I still talk to my old man who passed years ago but I can still feel him there with me and some of his comments!! 😉

8RIP Shaun Empty Re: RIP Shaun Mon Jan 17 2022, 10:25

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Very sad, Norpig Sad

9RIP Shaun Empty Re: RIP Shaun Mon Jan 17 2022, 12:53

Sorry Pig, hope you're all okay.

10RIP Shaun Empty Re: RIP Shaun Wed Feb 02 2022, 13:14

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shaun's funeral was last Friday which i went to as that was the least i could do after all he had done for me over the years. 
As i'd mentioned elsewhere i wasn't looking forward to going to the Sunderland game as it was the first one since he died. It did feel weird and i was feeling a bit down but his wife and kids came to the game and i had a good chat with his wife which was nice. The result helped massively of course and it was mentioned a few times that we hoped he was looking down and enjoying it.

11RIP Shaun Empty Re: RIP Shaun Wed Feb 02 2022, 13:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Norpig wrote:Shaun's funeral was last Friday which i went to as that was the least i could do after all he had done for me over the years. 
As i'd mentioned elsewhere i wasn't looking forward to going to the Sunderland game as it was the first one since he died. It did feel weird and i was feeling a bit down but his wife and kids came to the game and i had a good chat with his wife which was nice. The result helped massively of course and it was mentioned a few times that we hoped he was looking down and enjoying it.

Just a thought but if you inform the club don't they mention the recent passing of Wanderers fans at half time?

Might help give his wife and kids a bit of comfort knowing that the club paid tribute to him.

Maybe even a letter or something to Sharon, she seems the type who would reach out to the family right now?

12RIP Shaun Empty Re: RIP Shaun Wed Feb 02 2022, 16:46

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Just a thought but if you inform the club don't they mention the recent passing of Wanderers fans at half time?

Might help give his wife and kids a bit of comfort knowing that the club paid tribute to him.

Maybe even a letter or something to Sharon, she seems the type who would reach out to the family right now?

They did have a piece in the programme and i think they expected something on the big screen too but the 2 young lads were doing their charity 1km round the pitch so may have been missed?

13RIP Shaun Empty Re: RIP Shaun Fri Feb 11 2022, 14:09

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Only just seen this. How very sad. My thoughts are with his family and friends.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum