Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers covered if Dennis Politic sale is a 'mistake' says Evatt

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers covered if Dennis Politic sale is a 'mistake' says Evatt 10893304

Ian Evatt believes Wanderers will be well covered if they ‘got it wrong’ on Dennis Politic.

The winger completed a move to Italian club Cremonese yesterday, signing an 18-month deal with the option of a further year.

Bolton got just £50,000 up front for the Romania-born playmaker but have inserted clauses in his contract that ensure pay-outs in the future, should he be sold on.

Evatt insists Politic was not ready to play regular football in League One after recovering from a serious knee injury but hopes he makes a success of his time in Italy.

“These deals are always complex and we will always try to cover ourselves in case we have made a mistake,” he told The Bolton News. “If we have made an error and he moves on, then financially we will be rewarded for it.

“We will see how his career develops but I do wish him the best and I hope he goes on to be a success.”

Wanderers sent Politic out to Port Vale at the end of the summer transfer window after he had featured in a handful of the club’s pre-season games.

Evatt maintains he made the right decision, despite the youngster’s refusal to pen a new contract as he headed out on loan.

“We knew where we were at when we offered Dennis a contract earlier in the season and he turned it down,” he said.

“At that stage we felt it was best to get him some first team football and see how he developed. You have to remember that Port Vale wanted to sign him but he still hasn’t actually nailed down a place in that team.

“No disrespect to Port Vale but if you want to nail down a place here, he had to do it there first. And he didn’t.

“The opportunity came up in Italy that he wanted to take and, financially, it was a good deal. So again, it’s another player who has suffered with Bolton but also had good moments and memories so we wish him the best for the future.”

Politic missed the whole of Evatt’s first season in charge after damaging his cruciate ligament in a pre-season friendly at Loughborough University.

The Wanderers boss was impressed by the way the former Manchester United trainee handled his rehabilitation and believes he can carve out a good football caree.

“I have a strong faith and I am a big believer that everything happens for a reason,” he said.

“Dennis suffered that horrific injury and I wouldn’t wish that on anybody. But what I will say is that he is a tough young man with a strong mindset and a firm belief in himself.

“Coming back is always difficult and it would have taken him time because he wasn’t where he needed to be to get into our team, hence the loan agreement.

“This period of his life has brought up a fresh challenge in another country. He can sample a different environment and culture and hopefully he makes a real good go of it.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum