Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'Excellent build-up play' - Gillingham boss Neil Harris' praise for Wanderers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'Excellent build-up play' - Gillingham boss Neil Harris' praise for Wanderers 13427560

Gillingham boss Neil Harris says his side were second best following their 3-0 defeat against Wanderers.

Aaron Morley, Declan John and Jon Dadi Bodvarsson were on target for the Whites, who are now seven points off the top six.

Harris admits the result is a set-back to their hopes of beating the drop but insists Ian Evatt’s men showed real quality in the final third.

“I don’t want to lose games at Priestfield but Bolton deserved to win the game,” he told Kent Online.

“We have come off the back of a really strong performance at Lincoln and a really good result. We started well, on the front foot, could have got in front.

“There are some good sides in this division. We are where we are for a reason over the course of the season. We are trying to rescue the season and we have done brilliantly up until now and this is just a set-back for us.

“It is a harsh set-back to lose 3-0 at home in front of your own fans in a game you think is winnable. They got themselves in front with a really good goal, 25 yards into the top corner, you can’t stop them.

“We had chances, their build-up play was excellent, they played a bit of risk and reward with the ball, committed people forward but they played extremely well and got into good areas.

“As good teams do, they find a way to hurt you. Going in at half-time we regrouped, changed the shape slightly. I thought second half we looked a lot better, a lot more coherent as a team and no issues.

“I felt we looked like the stronger team before the red card and that obviously changed the complexion of the game after that.”

The Gills went down to 10 men during the second half when Daniel Phillips was shown a second yellow card.

Harris added: “The only question was, leading up to the first yellow card, was the ball out?

“It was right in front of me and I thought it was out. But that has gone. It was a late challenge, a yellow card.

“Second yellow, disappointment for me. It is a coming together, is he stopping progress? Possibly. I probably can’t argue with that.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum