Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'No better person' - Ian Evatt pleased with Eoin Doyle scouting role

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'No better person' - Ian Evatt pleased with Eoin Doyle scouting role 12982192

Eoin Doyle is still playing a part at Wanderers despite leaving the UniBol to return to Ireland back in January.

The Irishman had spoken about his desire to finish his playing career in his home country and opted to make the switch to St Patrick’s Athletic.

In addition to his playing duties with the Saints, Doyle is serving as the Whites’ official scout on the Emerald Isle.

Ian Evatt is pleased with how the relationship is working out and insists it is important Wanderers stay “ahead of the game” when it comes to recruitment.

“He has more contact with Chris (Markham) than he does with myself. I’ll come in at the very late stages of recruitment,” said the Bolton boss.

“But for now I think it’s going okay, it’s going well. Eoin is settled back home again which is good for him, it’s what he wanted.

“Then there will be some hefty conversations in the summer about which players are ones to keep an eye on.

“How our system works is Chris and his team will go away and do reports and analysis on these players, and then he’ll come to me with a shortlist and we’ll make final decisions.

“We have to be smart and ahead of the game, and have a look everywhere. We’re not snobs, we don’t turn our noss up at the Irish leagues.

“We know there are very, very good players to come out of those leagues. We’ll keep our eyes on it and there is no better person than Eoin to do that for us.”

Doyle has made a positive start to the 2022/23 League of Ireland campaign, scoring two goals in as many games.

He was Wanderers’ top-scorer last season, finding the net 19 times as Evatt’s men won promotion from League Two.

Dion Charles has stepped up following Doyle’s departure, finding the net six times for the Whites since his move from Accrington.

The forward has quickly become a fan favourite at the UniBol and his performances have been rewarded with a recall to the Northern Ireland squad.

Evatt also brought in Jon Dadi Bodvarsson from Millwall during the January window to bolster his striker department.

Bodvarsson had to be patient early in his Bolton career due to a lack of playing time in the first half of the season.

But the Iceland international is now showing promising signs, having scored in the recent matches against Gillingham and Morecambe.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum