Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt's praise for Man City goalkeeper James Trafford

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt's praise for Man City goalkeeper James Trafford 13626176

Ian Evatt reckons James Trafford is “has a bright future” and is keen to keep him at Wanderers next season.

The goalkeeper has become an important member of Evatt’s squad since joining on loan from Manchester City back in January.

“The best thing I can say about James, and I mean this in the best possible way, is that we haven’t noticed him,” he told The Bolton News.

“We haven’t noticed him because he has not made any glaring errors and he has not been overworked, which is a good sign for how our team is functioning.

“On Tuesday, he was relatively busy but did not really make any saves that he wasn’t entitled to make.

“We are delighted with him, we think he has done really well. He has got a level head on those shoulders and you need it to be a goalkeeper, especially at Manchester City.

“He is progressing all the time. He is a confident young man and he believes in himself, which is great. He has got a bright future.”

Evatt is also keen to bring Marlon Fossey back to the UniBol next term following an impressive spell before his season was cut short by injury.

And the Bolton chief is hopeful that his side will have an advantage over other potential suitors.

He added: “The good thing is that these players have had positive experiences here and they have enjoyed themselves.

“The parent clubs are happy with how we have treated them and how the fans have responded to them, how they are coached.

“We are gaining that reputation now. There are conversations happening all the time – the big Category One teams, especially in the North West.

“I think they have all been very impressed with what we are doing. That is something to look forward to for the future, maybe some relationships there.

“But we are in constant dialogue with everyone involved – Traff, Man City – and will make the best decision we can.”

Evatt reckons the Whites’ style of play can only help when trying to bring in loanees, particularly from the bigger sides.

He wants to use the loan market “smartly” going forward but insists Wanderers will not rely too much on it.

“I think it does help. I think we are gaining a reputation for number one, looking after our players and their wellbeing, mentally and physically,” the manager explained.

“But also technically and tactically, we coach them well. The way we play helps.

“We need to utilise the loan market smartly. It is not all about getting loads of loan players in, we want to build our own.

“We want to have assets on the football pitch that belong to us and develop those. But they can help, and they have helped in the last couple of years.

“It is about being smart with our decision-making and making sure we make the right ones.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum