Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lloyd Isgrove has decided against surgery on injured hamstring

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lloyd Isgrove has decided against surgery on injured hamstring 13671571

Lloyd Isgrove has elected against having surgery on his injured hamstring.

The winger broke down just 20 minutes into his comeback game for Bolton’s reserves against Fleetwood last month.

Isgrove had suffered a grade three hamstring tear in November and had an operation early in December to help repair the injury.

But after being struck down by exactly the same problem again, Ian Evatt has revealed the former Southampton man will take a different approach on the comeback trail this time around.

“We are going to rehabilitate it cautiously and without surgery,” he said. “I think Lloyd has lost a bit of confidence with the surgical route after what has happened and I can’t disagree with that opinion to be honest.”

Isgrove is having PRP (Platelet Rich Plasma) injections around the tear to accelerate healing and still hopes to be back on the training ground in between three and four months.

“It doesn’t change things really for him,” Evatt said. “He is having some PRP injections which will help strengthen the area and then we will rehabilitate it naturally with gym work and see how we get on, but he is a strong character and I have no doubts he’ll be fine.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum