Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton

+4
Natasha Whittam
Whitesince63
wanderlust
karlypants
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Empty Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Fri Apr 22 2022, 15:40

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Last edited by karlypants on Sat Apr 23 2022, 16:57; edited 2 times in total

2Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Fri Apr 22 2022, 16:15

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Should be a good game and we'll get another look at Alfie May who doesn't get a lot of chances playing for Cheltenham, but he sure knows where the goal is when chances come along - 21 scored so far this season.

Reckon we'll just about have enough to turn them over but they are no pushovers.

3Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Sat Apr 23 2022, 09:46

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I wonder if IE will give Amaechi another start today to finally see if he’s up to it? He’s obviously got skill but so far I’m not seeing it in terms of creating anything. I can’t really recall any time that he’s actually influenced the play in the way Marlon, or even Izzy and Sadlier does on the right. If he doesn’t get a start today I suspect that’s the last we’ll see of him but if he does he just really has to show he’s worth hanging on to next year. Kachunga is another for me who hasn’t delivered and whilst he may still be under contract, I’d be finding someone better for a promotion push next year. Sentiment can’t play any part in team plans for next season because we’ve got the makings of a good side and just need to fill the obvious weaknesses in defence and defensive midfield we know are there. Tough one today and I think it might end up even.

4Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Sat Apr 23 2022, 11:10

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Evans seems to have a blind spot when it comes to Kachunga, any other manager would have banished him from the squad long ago.

5Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Sat Apr 23 2022, 11:43

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Amaechi can go for me but Kachunga I'm less sure about as he puts in some serious mileage and is tidy on the ball - just not much of a goal threat. I was seriously impressed (or maybe just jealous Smile )with the 40 yard run he made the other week to win that penalty and I can see why Evatt offered him a contract, but he really does need to get busier providing assists for the forwards and maybe scoring a few goals himself. He seems a bit lost playing in the position he takes up, but he's not without talent. At least he works hard for the team.

6Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Sat Apr 23 2022, 14:41

jcfcraven

jcfcraven
David Ngog
David Ngog

Anyone able to provide a link to a video stream to the game or is it just the audio stream on here

7Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Sat Apr 23 2022, 14:53

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

jcfcraven wrote:Anyone able to provide a link to a video stream to the game or is it just the audio stream on here

Usually just the radio commentary for those of us who live abroad or miles away from town.

8Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Sat Apr 23 2022, 14:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

9Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Sat Apr 23 2022, 15:45

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

10Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Sat Apr 23 2022, 16:22

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Scruffy but deserved goal but some of our idiot fans are showing us up. Crammed down the front out of their seats, flare thrown and a mini pitch invasion. Wankers.

11Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Sat Apr 23 2022, 16:26

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

12Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Sat Apr 23 2022, 16:45

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Pen looked soft but Baka tucked it nicely into the corner.

13Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Sat Apr 23 2022, 16:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

What a shit goal to concede. Ramsay just walked through our defence.

Crewe have equalised against Ipswich though which as it stands puts us in the box seat for a top ten finish.

5 mins of extra time though....

14Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Sat Apr 23 2022, 16:54

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jaysus! Suddenly we're under severe pressure at the back as Cheltenham press for an equaliser.

15Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Sat Apr 23 2022, 16:56

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Desperate stuff this...

16Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Sat Apr 23 2022, 17:00

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hanging on at the end there. Probably deserved to win on the balance of play, but we weren't great.

Well done Cheltenham though - guaranteed to finish their season in the highest league position in their history.

17Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Sat Apr 23 2022, 17:01

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

18Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Sun Apr 24 2022, 01:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It was an unconvincing win overall and for me it underlined how much we'll need to improve if we are going to compete at the top next season. The Cheltenham comms were fairly gracious, but still thought that we were "nothing special" compared to some of the teams they'd played against this season. I have to agree.
Next year we'll be up against 6 of the 9 teams above us plus Peterborough, Derby and Barnsley so there's a lot of work to be done - so bring it on.

19Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Sun Apr 24 2022, 11:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Decent performance considering we had nothing to play for. Dapo much better and Bod still looking the part. Sadly, for all his effort, Charles looks anything but a £300k striker. It looks unlikely that he's going to get 20 goals next season, which is what we'll need to have a go at promotion.

But, once again, who are the fuckwits invading the pitch and throwing flares in a meaningless game? Absolutely bizarre.

20Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Empty Re: Cheltenham 1-2 Bolton Sun Apr 24 2022, 12:26

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

A draw was probably the fair result - but I'll take the three points.

Once again though we are slow in the first half of games only to turn it on in the second. Somat needs to be fixed with that next season.

There needs to be room made in the team for Dempsey next season. Seems assured on the ball to me and more creative than MJ.

Dapo getting lots of credit although I'm not totally convinced. The reason he is fouled all the time is that he is always trying to dribble past too many defenders instead of picking a pass when there is a man on. 

Anyway, one game left to finish in the top ten.  COYWM.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum