Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A heartfelt plea!

+9
okocha
Hip Priest
Bwfc1958
BoltonTillIDie
boltonbonce
Sluffy
Whitesince63
wanderlust
Norpig
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 4]

21A heartfelt plea! - Page 2 Empty Re: A heartfelt plea! Fri Jun 03 2022, 00:26

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

In all fairness to KP and Norpig 53 you have just returned to the site after a major absence (and many, many thanks by the way for returning). This feud has been going on every day for months/years now, there's no prospect of it ending any time soon and so many people are fed up to the back teeth with it. 
It is driving people away from the site and putting off new posters joining.

22A heartfelt plea! - Page 2 Empty Re: A heartfelt plea! Fri Jun 03 2022, 00:32

Hip Priest

Hip Priest
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

wanderlust wrote:
I don't "hate the Tories" as such though.

What I do hate is corruption, cold-heartedness, incompetence, misleading propaganda, totalitarian style government, protecting the rich at the expense of the poor, putting self-aggrandisement ahead of the needs of the country and downright lying to the people.

Not all Tories are like the current government. Some have values, moral standards and are prepared to put the country ahead of their careers.

You wrote that you felt that the current government isn't representative of "Tory values" and if the grass roots Tory media - which I have referenced on these very pages - is anything to go by, you're not alone in thinking that.

It's a lazy slur to suggest I hate the Tories and you need to differentiate between my justifiable criticism of this government and ALL Tories.

I would also question your assertion that I don't accept anything they've done well - Tories have done constructive things in the past:

Disraeli's Reform Act, The Enfranchisement of Women, The Industrial Charter and taking the country into Europe all helped build a more stable and fair society - but they are exceptions TBH - most of the policies through history have been around the themes of maintaining the privilege of the few at the expense of the many and promoting xenophobia and isolation neither of which I subscribe to.

But that doesn't mean I hate all Tories nor does it mean that I don't recognise some achievements.

Nail on the head Lusty. My sentiments exactly.

23A heartfelt plea! - Page 2 Empty Re: A heartfelt plea! Fri Jun 03 2022, 00:51

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:First time I've logged in on as long as I can remember. This is the first thread I had a look at.

I'll be honest, it made me smile. It has always been this way. Remember Bread, Scott, Boggers, AD et al?

The only thing that will kill a site is no traffic. I don't mind it, its just arguing over the Internet. Sticks and stones and all that.

If that's what people want to do then leave them to it. I mean come on kp, you've seen far worse than this on a Friday night behind bargain booze with your pants round your ankles than to be running into the shadows because people are using bad words against each other on the Internet. Let's face it Norpig, if these two were wearing ALF masks while having this argument you'd be knocking one out in the hospital toilets.  Razz

In summary, lighten the fuck up and crack on. There's far worse going in the world right now than a couple of senior citizens arguing about politics on a forum. It's basically what forums are for.

Anyway, nice to see you all again you miserable turds.  Very Happy
Nice to hear from you fella and your dead right - a free and open exchange of opinions is a fine thing and everybody has the option to ignore it instead of getting all precious about it.

24A heartfelt plea! - Page 2 Empty Re: A heartfelt plea! Fri Jun 03 2022, 01:19

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hip Priest wrote:In all fairness to KP and Norpig 53 you have just returned to the site after a major absence (and many, many thanks by the way for returning). This feud has been going on every day for months/years now, there's no prospect of it ending any time soon and so many people are fed up to the back teeth with it. 
It is driving people away from the site and putting off new posters joining.
It's not and has never been "a feud" in my mind - it's just been dubbed that and built up by others, mainly those who like to complain about it. The guy doesn't like me and is always starting trouble by making unnecessary personal comments and I just think he's a wanker and say so. Hardly a feud in my book.

What puts people off -apart from a few precious souls and those who are probably bored to death by others banging on about this imaginary "feud" - is the lack of interesting debate (which tends to get closed down before it gets really informative for one spurious reason or another) and the dearth of new material to capture the imagination, amuse and inform.

It's come to something when there are more posts speculating about the meaning of company accounting (or absence thereof) than actual football, opinions, news or personal experience - fictional or otherwise.

Like that guy who bears more than a passing resemblance to James Woods....

A heartfelt plea! - Page 2 78-0

True story

Ditto

25A heartfelt plea! - Page 2 Empty Re: A heartfelt plea! Fri Jun 03 2022, 09:04

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

wanderlust wrote:
It's not and has never been "a feud" in my mind - it's just been dubbed that and built up by others, mainly those who like to complain about it. The guy doesn't like me and is always starting trouble by making unnecessary personal comments and I just think he's a wanker and say so. Hardly a feud in my book.

What puts people off -apart from a few precious souls and those who are probably bored to death by others banging on about this imaginary "feud" - is the lack of interesting debate (which tends to get closed down before it gets really informative for one spurious reason or another) and the dearth of new material to capture the imagination, amuse and inform.

It's come to something when there are more posts speculating about the meaning of company accounting (or absence thereof) than actual football, opinions, news or personal experience - fictional or otherwise.

Like that guy who bears more than a passing resemblance to James Woods....

A heartfelt plea! - Page 2 78-0

True story

Ditto
"True story" and "Ditto" are absolutely hilarious and superbly well written!  Very Happy Very Happy 
More like this please! No more recruitment drives necessary!

26A heartfelt plea! - Page 2 Empty Re: A heartfelt plea! Fri Jun 03 2022, 09:31

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hip Priest wrote:

How touching. Shocked

27A heartfelt plea! - Page 2 Empty Re: A heartfelt plea! Fri Jun 03 2022, 09:59

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Hip Priest wrote:

You may consider it nail on the head HP but lusty only sees faults in Tory governments. What’s conveniently being ignored is that ALL governments lie and are self serving. Look at the Iraq war, Brown selling off our gold, Labour failing to follow through with nuclear due to their left wing and even more recently the denials over Beergate whilst chastising BoJo. They completely denied Raynor was present initially until it was proved she was there.

Look, I’m not defending many of the things Boris has done but you have to factor in that no previous government has had to operate under the spotlight of social media, camera phones, nor the venom from Remain factions, in all parties who simply refuse to accept that we’ve left the EU and aren’t going back. Boris is a flawed character in many ways but he still has more charisma than any other current politician in Parliament, which is why he’s going to stay as PM. People will get the opportunity to have their say at the next GE but remember the statement that a week is a long time in politics and we have at least two years until the next vote so much can happen to turn things round before then, so don’t write BoJo off quite yet.

28A heartfelt plea! - Page 2 Empty Re: A heartfelt plea! Fri Jun 03 2022, 11:05

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:First time I've logged in on as long as I can remember. This is the first thread I had a look at.

I'll be honest, it made me smile. It has always been this way. Remember Bread, Scott, Boggers, AD et al?

The only thing that will kill a site is no traffic. I don't mind it, its just arguing over the Internet. Sticks and stones and all that.

If that's what people want to do then leave them to it. I mean come on kp, you've seen far worse than this on a Friday night behind bargain booze with your pants round your ankles than to be running into the shadows because people are using bad words against each other on the Internet. Let's face it Norpig, if these two were wearing ALF masks while having this argument you'd be knocking one out in the hospital toilets.  Razz

In summary, lighten the fuck up and crack on. There's far worse going in the world right now than a couple of senior citizens arguing about politics on a forum. It's basically what forums are for.

Anyway, nice to see you all again you miserable turds.  Very Happy
How did you know i'd been caught knocking one out in the Hospital toilets? I thought i'd got away with that one  Very Happy

29A heartfelt plea! - Page 2 Empty Re: A heartfelt plea! Wed Jun 15 2022, 14:00

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Its so good to see the site looking busier now and a few more people back and posting. Lets all keep up the good work and not slip back in to our old ways.

A heartfelt plea! - Page 2 200.gif?cid=a87a70e66hme2jjmljpo7o5yzomofu2ummwxucrq6mewgbsb&rid=200

30A heartfelt plea! - Page 2 Empty Re: A heartfelt plea! Wed Jun 15 2022, 14:13

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Its so good to see the site looking busier now and a few more people back and posting. Lets all keep up the good work and not slip back in to our old ways.

A heartfelt plea! - Page 2 200.gif?cid=a87a70e66hme2jjmljpo7o5yzomofu2ummwxucrq6mewgbsb&rid=200
I'm getting that warm feeling, that says, you shouldn't have polished off that Lucozade before getting into bed.

31A heartfelt plea! - Page 2 Empty Re: A heartfelt plea! Wed Jun 15 2022, 14:52

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Norpig wrote:Its so good to see the site looking busier now and a few more people back and posting. Lets all keep up the good work and not slip back in to our old ways.

I'm getting that warm feeling, that says, you shouldn't have polished off that Lucozade before getting into bed.
Time for some Tena for men Bonce?

32A heartfelt plea! - Page 2 Empty Re: A heartfelt plea! Wed Jun 15 2022, 15:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:
Probably a better idea than the bicycle clips I'm using at the moment. Very Happy

33A heartfelt plea! - Page 2 Empty Re: A heartfelt plea! Wed Jun 15 2022, 15:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:
Probably a better idea than the bicycle clips I'm using at the moment. Very Happy
Laughing

34A heartfelt plea! - Page 2 Empty Re: A heartfelt plea! Wed Jun 15 2022, 15:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Its so good to see the site looking busier now and a few more people back and posting. Lets all keep up the good work and not slip back in to our old Bumchums.

35A heartfelt plea! - Page 2 Empty Re: A heartfelt plea! Wed Jun 15 2022, 15:26

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
 I slipped into you a few times and you never complained.

36A heartfelt plea! - Page 2 Empty Re: A heartfelt plea! Wed Jun 15 2022, 15:30

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

lol!

37A heartfelt plea! - Page 2 Empty Re: A heartfelt plea! Wed Jun 15 2022, 15:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:

I slipped into you a few times and you never complained.
After Eric, she probably didn't notice. Surprised

38A heartfelt plea! - Page 2 Empty Re: A heartfelt plea! Wed Jun 15 2022, 15:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:After Eric, she probably didn't notice. Surprised

Sadly, it was like a worm going through the Channel Tunnel.

39A heartfelt plea! - Page 2 Empty Re: A heartfelt plea! Wed Jun 15 2022, 16:02

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

We can't all be huge,Nat. I did further damage to my google search reputation by finding this. Very interesting.

[url=https://www.webmd.com/sex-relationships/news/20070601/small-penis-syndrome-common#:~:text=Small%2Dpenis syndrome is the,and Ian Eardley of St.]https://www.webmd.com/sex-relationships/news/20070601/small-penis-syndrome-common#:~:text=Small%2Dpenis%20syndrome%20is%20the,and%20Ian%20Eardley%20of%20St.[/url]

40A heartfelt plea! - Page 2 Empty Re: A heartfelt plea! Wed Jun 15 2022, 16:07

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

How did you manage to contact Mrs Pig?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum