Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Transfer rumours !

+25
Keegan
observer
Norpig
boltonbonce
Whitesince63
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
bryan458
Hip Priest
Natasha Whittam
Bolton Nuts
okocha
Cajunboy
wessy
Ten Bobsworth
BoltonTillIDie
karlypants
terenceanne
finlaymcdanger
dutchwhites63
BarrygoestoBolton
Feby
Growler
whatsgoingon
BoltonWondering
29 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 32  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 8 of 32]

141Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Fri Jun 24 2022, 23:14

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I think we are pretty strong.
Maybe a centre back needed. And I did believe we had a keeper lined up before the Trafford move, do you know if that's still happening?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

142Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Jun 25 2022, 11:06

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Evatt did say it would be much quieter this summer due to the number of players that we signed in January. We do need a few more players though i reckon especially a RB and probably another striker.

143Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Sat Jun 25 2022, 12:26

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Evatt made a statement to the effect that he won't pay over his valuation of a player and will be patient to wait for the right deal to come along so I don't think we can expect a lot more activity - one, maybe two more signings at most.
Personally I'm happy with the attacking situation but would look to add a CB and a DM.

144Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jun 28 2022, 16:52

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:tumbleweed: 

Biggie/Boggers - it's all quiet on the transfer front. Too quiet.

Can we have some wild speculation please?

145Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jun 28 2022, 21:56

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jon Mellish from Carlisle

146Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jun 28 2022, 23:34

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Jon Mellish from Carlisle
Now that is a good shout - probably bollocks but a good shout nonetheless.
Not exactly what we are looking for, but I can imagine Evatt being a fan as Mellish is definitely a "utility player".

147Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 29 2022, 10:20

Bolton Nuts

Admin

wanderlust wrote::tumbleweed: 

Biggie/Boggers - it's all quiet on the transfer front. Too quiet.

Can we have some wild speculation please?

148Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jun 29 2022, 10:27

Bolton Nuts

Admin

OK here are a couple of things I heard way back but seem to not have happened. Unless, and what I suspect, the info I was getting, I was assuming it was all for the first team, but turns out they signed for the B team...

We had a goalie lined up for if Trafford didn't sign. But he was a young prospect and would have likely been Dixon's understudy. Don't know if that has now died. But reading between the lines maybe he would signs anyway and challenges for the first team next season?

We defo had a free transfer for a centre back lined up.
For all I know its still happening, but I would have expected it would have been dealt with by now. So unless we signed someone for the B team I don't know...

As we all know, Fossey was as done as a deal can be without actually being done. We await outcomes. Even though we have supposedly moved on.

149Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Thu Jun 30 2022, 15:51

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

150Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 04 2022, 09:52

whatsgoingon

whatsgoingon
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Biggie wrote:OK here are a couple of things I heard way back but seem to not have happened. Unless, and what I suspect, the info I was getting, I was assuming it was all for the first team, but turns out they signed for the B team...

We had a goalie lined up for if Trafford didn't sign. But he was a young prospect and would have likely been Dixon's understudy. Don't know if that has now died. But reading between the lines maybe he would signs anyway and challenges for the first team next season?

We defo had a free transfer for a centre back lined up.
For all I know its still happening, but I would have expected it would have been dealt with by now. So unless we signed someone for the B team I don't know...

As we all know, Fossey was as done as a deal can be without actually being done. We await outcomes. Even though we have supposedly moved on.
The centre back free we had lined up was Jack Tucker who left Gillingham when his contract ended, but he opted to go to MK Dons rather than come here

151Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 04 2022, 11:24

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Welcome back WGO, it's been a while  Very Happy

152Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 04 2022, 22:29

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Is that a centre back I can hear pulling up at the Reebok?
Burnden Aces mention Eoin Toal.

Last edited by Biggie on Mon Jul 04 2022, 22:33; edited 1 time in total

153Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 04 2022, 22:31

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Eoin Taol

154Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 04 2022, 22:35

Bolton Nuts

Admin

Indeed. Was just adding that on as an edit.

155Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 04 2022, 22:54

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It’s on here:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

156Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 04 2022, 23:29

Bolton Nuts

Admin

And it's been rejected.

157Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 04 2022, 23:30

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I don't know if any of this is true. But I think we have had talks about another Irish player Dawson Devoy. Midfielder.

Not sure we need another, but he's been monitored for sure.

158Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Mon Jul 04 2022, 23:37

Bolton Nuts

Admin

But the offer will be increased this week. And he will join the club on about the 15th or 18th July.

159Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Tue Jul 05 2022, 00:39

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wondering if Doyler has had a hand in all this interest in Irish players?

160Transfer rumours ! - Page 8 Empty Re: Transfer rumours ! Wed Jul 06 2022, 16:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:Wondering if Doyler has had a hand in all this interest in Irish players?
To answer my own question (how sad is that!) this from the MEN:

"Wanderers have had feet on the ground in the Republic of Ireland in the form of ex-striker Eoin Doyle. The 34-year-old departed the Whites in January to play for St Patrick's Athletic in his hometown of Dublin.
He is combining that playing role with a scouting duty for Wanderers, keeping his old side up to date with the best talent in the Irish top flight. And Evatt revealed that Doyle has recently spent some time with Bolton's technical performance director Chris Markham as there is plenty of work being done over there to help identify talent which will fit how Wanderers play.
Evatt said: “Doyler is doing some really good work over there. He’s spent time with Chris in the last week or two, so there’s lots of good work over there.
“There’s some good players over there, no doubt, there’s some really good potential and we’re working really hard everywhere really to try and identify the player we think can play the way we want to play and if that opens up a different market in a different country, then we’re willing to do that.”

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 8 of 32]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 20 ... 32  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum