Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Places up for grabs in Ipswich Town opener, says Evatt, ahead of final friendly

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Places up for grabs in Ipswich Town opener, says Evatt, ahead of final friendly 14122878

Ian Evatt says places are still up for grabs in his team for the opening League One game against Ipswich Town.

Last weekend’s display at Carlisle United left the Bolton boss with plenty to think about this week in the build-up to a final pre-season friendly at home to Huddersfield Town.

While reaction on the training ground has been positive, the starting line-up is by no means decided and Evatt says his players need to use Saturday’s game wisely if they want to start at Portman Road.

“Every day in training, every time you are on that football pitch on a match day it is an opportunity to try and make sure you are in the team against Ipswich Town,” he said.

Evatt says his players will have learned something from the Carlisle game, if only to beware his own reaction after his players fail to meet the high standards they are set.

Taking a more reflective view of the whole game at Brunton Park, he feels the problems which emerged on the day should be easily rectified.

“Huddersfield will be another good test for us,” he said. “I just want to see us look more like ourselves again and now how we performed there against Carlisle.

“Maybe I am being a little harsh because other than a couple of mistakes and a set play we’d completely controlled and dominated the game.

“But we lacked intensity and we lacked a little bit of energy and that isn’t really like us.

“It is a huge learning curve and hopefully we can progress from it and then on Saturday, go and win the game against Huddersfield.”

Evatt also remarked on George Thomason’s improvement in pre-season, the young midfielder hoping to push his claim for a regular first team spot this season.

“Generally, he has been excellent,” he said. “He has really become a real physical presence.

“He’s worked hard on his body in the gym and his nutrition. He has grown and developed into a really strong young man, and technically he is very good.

“He understands what is required from that position, but it is really competitive in that midfield area and we have got lots of options.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm running out of superlatives! Manager hasn't picked his team for a game over a week away, can you honestly believe it? Most managers pick their starting 11 about a month before each game, surely.

End this.

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I'm hoping Thomason becomes the Karl Henry type Nat lusts after.
He could you know....although maybe not this year.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum