Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bodvarsson on contract hopes at Wanderers and being in the 'Striker's Union'

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bodvarsson on contract hopes at Wanderers and being in the 'Striker's Union' 14127146

Jon Dadi Bodvarsson wants to secure his long-term future with Wanderers by firing them to success this season.

The Icelander has proved popular with the Bolton fans since his arrival from Millwall in January and has 12 months left to run on his current contract.

After scoring seven goals in 10 starts in League One last season, Bodvarsson hopes he can carry that momentum through to give the club a decision to make.

“There haven’t yet been talks,” he said. “I think both parties are just seeing how this goes, so I will keep my fitness well, start the season strong and then hopefully it comes, and we will see what happens.”

Bodvarsson says he has settled well into Bolton life and would enjoy the opportunity to stay longer.

“We are loving it, me and the family,” he said. “We live near to the training ground and at the moment we are searching for a nursery for the little one, so it is going well.

“I have said it before, it feels like my home club. It is a community.

“When I was starting as a player in my hometown, Selfoss, you went to the shop and everybody knows you, and vice-versa. Everyone wants to talk about football.

“I never get tired of it. This is a nice, warm environment to be in.”

Last season’s goal haul was Bodvarsson’s best since leaving Reading in 2018/19 and he is confident of surpassing that total this time around, having had a full pre-season with Bolton and with life settled off the field.

“I always try not to go too far ahead of myself and you can’t really control how many you get in the end,” he said. “The standard is double figures, so that is the first thing.

“I think we have a lot of different attacking options. Not everyone is the same, and I think the gaffer will have a headache because every one of those players is capable of scoring goals.

“In every position you have a player breathing down your neck to take your place. It keeps you on your toes.”

The race to finish top scorer ahead of Dapo Afolayan, Amadou Bakayoko, Elias Kachunga and Dion Charles is hard to predict – and Bodvarsson admits there is a degree of rivalry between all of Ian Evatt’s attacking options.

“Everyone is competitive but it is healthy,” he said. “There is a striker’s union just like the goalkeepers.

“Everyone is trying to improve, talking to each other, arguing with each other. These are hard-working and honest players, and we are pushing each other on, so it is good.

“The addition of the players in January helped strengthen things and it wasn’t just quality as footballers, it was good character as well. “We are a young team but I think the younger ones are growing into it more. In my short time here I have seen them standing up and that is something we need, we need leaders out there.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wow, another day, another amazing bit of news. Striker wants to score goals. Who would have thought it? Forget the cost of living crisis, this should be the main story on Sky News.

You can't keep doing this.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum