Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What is the earliest you left a Bolton game?

+13
wanderlust
WhiteBic
Natasha Whittam
Mallorca Trotter
Sgt. Bash
bwfc71
aaron_bwfc
Boggersbelief
Sluffy
BoltonTillIDie
Banks of the Croal
chris_bwfc
Michael Bolton
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I was reading the post about people hating people leaving early and can understand both arguments, if we are going to lose and we are playing crap, why not beat the traffic and go? But I can understand its annoying having to stand up and let people pass who are leaving. Anyway what is the earliest you left a game? I remember the stoke semi final when people were walking out in the first half, anyone ever gone that early?

chris_bwfc

chris_bwfc
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

I was one of the few fans left at the final whistle at wembley and the earliest I have ever left a bolton match is one minute before the end of stoppage time!

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

When i was about 11/12, left a game at half time at Burnden think we were 3-0 down was piss wet through from standing on The Embankment.
Can't remember leaving one since.

Last edited by Banks of the Croal on Thu Nov 01 2012, 20:54; edited 1 time in total

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Left Wembley at Full Time...Left when we was 4-0 down to Chelsea with about 8 mins to go, otherwise I like to stay until the end.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Never done it in all the years I attended.

The closest I ever got was the League Cup final against Liverpool.

I saw all the game but couldn't stomach seeing the scoucers lifting the cup so I was half way down Wembley Way when I heard their fans roar.

I was gutted.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I know it's not quite the same but I don't go to matches any more but last season. When we were getting murdered by Chelsea I turned off after 25 mins and put Harry hill on.

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I remember leaving the reebok early once against united and missed djorkaeff's last minute goal. Othe than that I usually stay till the end (more fool me)

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I never understood the stories like George best leaving the 99 European cup final with a few mins to go and missing the greatest ever finish to a game. I also remember a lot of Liverpool fans leaving the European cup final at half time when 3 0 down to Milan. Football is a funny game, anything can happen. I wonder if any arsenal fans left the reading game when 4 0 down this week. They be gutted if they did, what a game that was. Some poor bastard put 500k on reading at 1.02 when 4-0 up. Ouch!

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Only left a home game early once, I think it was 2 years ago when we played Fulham at home, we took the lead before half time with Davies but if I remember rightly they pulled it back and won 2-1. It was only 3 mins before the end and one of the worst games I have ever witnessed.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Never left a game early!!

Closest was 5 years ago first home game of the season just after Allardyce resigned and joined Newcastle. We were playing Newcastle and brought over a few Dutch friends who had never attended a Premier League game. We were losing and we off out for a night out in Manchester, I thought about leaving 5 minutes early but we didn't in teh end and stayed - so they gained a full match-day experience!

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Michael Bolton wrote:I remember the stoke semi final when people were walking out in the first half

I went onto the concourse to get a drink when Stoke got their 3rd goal. I'd hope the people you saw leaving were doing the same. I'm actually proud of the fact I managed to stay until the final whistle of that game though.

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

The pundit on last nights League Cup Show (Mark Bright was it?) admitted he left the Reading-Arsenal game at 4-2 with 10 minutes left. OOPS! :rofl:

Mallorca Trotter

Mallorca Trotter
David Lee
David Lee

Earliest I have left was nearly 2pm. It was a 12pm ko though..

Left against United away after 55 minutes, missed Gary Speed scoring a penalty but had a great time in manchester

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Earliest I've left was half-time at Sheffield Wednesday when we were 5-0 down.

But I always leave early if we're two or three down....numerous times under Coyle.

Threads like this make me laugh at the stupidity of the football fan. It's cold, it's wet, your team is getting thrashed but you absolutely must stay until the final whistle! Complete bellends.

chris_bwfc

chris_bwfc
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Natasha Whittam wrote:Earliest I've left was half-time at Sheffield Wednesday when we were 5-0 down.

But I always leave early if we're two or three down....numerous times under Coyle.

Threads like this make me laugh at the stupidity of the football fan. It's cold, it's wet, your team is getting thrashed but you absolutely must stay until the final whistle! Complete bellends.

Talking sense as usaul whittam ::FU:: :clap: :rofl: :stupid: :bullshit:

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Listen up Christopher, please give me one good reason why you should stay until the final whistle when you're losing 3-0?

chris_bwfc

chris_bwfc
Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Natasha Whittam wrote:Listen up Christopher, please give me one good reason why you should stay until the final whistle when you're losing 3-0?
A)Because your a loyal fan B)Because you've paid for a full match so should stay C)Because you never know what might happen. E.g you may get two quick fire goals and a last minute penalty! :number1:

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

chris_bwfc wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:Listen up Christopher, please give me one good reason why you should stay until the final whistle when you're losing 3-0?
A)Because your a loyal fan B)Because you've paid for a full match so should stay C)Because you never know what might happen. E.g you may get two quick fire goals and a last minute penalty! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Well said! [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

As usual a Christopher talks sense!!![You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

chris_bwfc wrote:
A)Because your a loyal fan B)Because you've paid for a full match so should stay C)Because you never know what might happen. E.g you may get two quick fire goals and a last minute penalty! :number1:

A) Bullshit. Loyalty is buying the ticket, not sticking around to watch a drubbing. You probably have a favourite restaurant, but if they fucked up the starter and main course would you stick around for a dessert? Of course not.

B) Have you ever paid to watch a film at the cinema and left early or rented a DVD and turned it off after half an hour because it's shite? It's human nature to ditch something as soon as it becomes boring or shite regardless of what was paid for it.

C) As I've said, I've been leaving games early for 20 years and have never missed a fightback.

Basically this is why I laugh at football fans. In any other scenario where they were getting shite service or entertainment they would be out of there quick-sharp. But because it's football they feel they have to stay until the bitter end out of loyalty.

Bellends ::bellend::

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum