Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Cup goal king Kieran Sadlier asks for a shot as striker

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cup goal king Kieran Sadlier asks for a shot as striker 16061070

Kieran Sadlier wants to be included in the conversation about Wanderers’ striker options.

Fresh from scoring his eighth goal for the club in the Papa Johns Trophy against Leeds United’s Under-21s, the former Rotherham United man has asked Ian Evatt to consider giving him a shot in one of the two positions up front.

Sadlier chances this season have largely been from the bench as a wing-back or number 10 but he has shown his scoring touch in the Trophy, netting in each of his three games so far.

Bolton have already used Dion Charles, Jon Dadi Bodvarsson, Dapo Afolayan, Elias Kachunga and Amadou Bakayoko as central strikers in the league – but tried Sadlier out in the second half of Tuesday night’s final group match, to good effect.

Speaking after the game, Evatt admitted it was something he could now consider.

“I think his goalscoring record for us is excellent,” he said. “Kieran is one of those that the system doesn't really suit, in a 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3, he’s a natural wide player, but he keeps telling me he can play as a nine. I’ve seen him play as a nine for Doncaster and he did okay there.

“He wants to throw his hat in the ring in those positions. He’s clinical when he gets chances, there’s no doubt about that. His goalscoring record speaks for itself and it was a good finish tonight.”

Sadlier has covered a handful of positions for Wanderers and come on as a substitute in 10 of Bolton’s 13 league games so far this season.

Evatt insists the player’s versatility is not counting against him.

He said: “You can see that both ways, because it probably counts for him that he throws his hat in the ring in a number of positions as well. He is a versatile player but when someone asks your occupation, you don’t say I’m a centre forward for a living. You’re a football player and thy should naturally be able to play in different positions.

“I have no problem with Kieran playing wing-back, as a 10, as a nine, because he needs to suit the system and he world really hard on his game to make sure he can play in those different positions.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Don't worry, I'm sure the Charles/Kachunga dream team will be back at Accrington.

ZERO goals from open play between them.

But they run a lot so that's ok according to the happy clappers.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum