Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'Loads more to come' - Ian Evatt backs Kyle Dempsey to build on recent form

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'Loads more to come' - Ian Evatt backs Kyle Dempsey to build on recent form 16081382

Ian Evatt is confident that Wanderers will see the best of Kyle Dempsey over the coming months.

Dempsey, who joined the Whites from Gillingham during the final stages of the January transfer window, had a frustrating start to his time at the UniBol.

However, the 27-year-old midfielder caught the eye in the 3-2 win against Accrington Stanley at the weekend after an energetic display in the middle of the pitch.

Evatt praised Dempsey’s attitude and believes there is still “loads more to come” ahead of the upcoming home games against Burton and Oxford.

“The most important thing for Kyle at the moment is to keep himself 100 per cent healthy and in one piece,” said the Bolton chief.

“Obviously, he has got the swelling scenario taking place at the moment, which he seems to be managing quite well. But other than that, he is fit and he is healthy.

“We have seen glimpses of what he can do for us. The personnel we have got around the squad really but in midfield – everyone offers something slightly different. Kyle is no different to that.

“I still think there is loads more to come. I think we have seen glimpses of what he can do the last couple of games, but I think there is progression there.

“And he wants to learn – he is always asking questions, which is really good. I do think we are going to see even better from him over the course of the season.”

Liverpool loanee Conor Bradley is also expected to return against the Brewers after serving a one-match suspension.

The Northern Ireland international was in attendance at the Wham Stadium as Wanderers fought back from 2-0 down to secure the three points against the Reds.

Evatt is pleased with how the youngster has “bought into” the club following his loan move from Merseyside.

The Bolton boss insists the togetherness in the squad will be vital if the Whites are to achieve their goals this season.

He added: “It is an experience. He is a young player who is learning, developing and progressing all the time.

“I was delighted to see him there Saturday. By the way, there was no instruction from me to come to the game.

“Conor wanted to be there so it shows how much he has bought into Bolton Wanderers and bought into his team-mates.

“I keep preaching to the lads all the time that being a good team-mate is a really important thing, and the most important thing if you are going to have success.

“You need to be together, and you don’t gain results like Saturday from the position we were in if there was no togetherness.

“There is a huge amount of togetherness in that group. There is a huge amount of belief, and hopefully that will come to the fore these next few months.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum