Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt predicts player exits at Bolton in January transfer window

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt expects some of his players to leave in January after failing to get regular game time in the first half of the season.

The Wanderers boss admitted a few first team stars may look elsewhere in the winter window if they fail to break into his plans between now and the New Year.

Declan John, Kieran Sadlier, Amadou Bakayoko and Will Aimson have all played less than 30 per cent of the available minutes in League One.

Josh Sheehan and Lloyd Isgrove also fall into that category but have been recovering from long term injury or side-lined with fresh problems.

Asked if he felt some of his players would push for a move away from the University of Bolton Stadium, Evatt said: “Yeah absolutely. We will never hold anyone at this football club against their will and if there are people that want to move on, we will shake hands, do it in a professional manner, and wish them well.

“There are going to be those players in January, there’s no denying it. There are people that have suffered with game time.

“But as I have said before, I think the buck stops at home really and you have to be really honest as a football player. Self-analysis is the key part of being a professional player in my opinion.”

Wanderers have used 21 first team players this season – with only Derby County using fewer among other League One clubs. And while Evatt’s squad rotation policy has been much debated among Bolton supporters, he says ample opportunities have been given to players to force their way into his starting line-up.

The Bolton boss believes there is still time for the situation to change over November and December, with no door closed on any player if they perform to the requisite standard.

But Evatt says anyone who feels they are not playing enough need to take control of their own destiny.

He said: “Delusion spreads wildly in football and it’s easy to blame others, it’s easy to say ‘I wish I’d have had a chance, I wish I’d have done this, I wish I’d have done that, I didn’t quite get that opportunity.’ “Players pick teams, I keep saying it, and the way they behave, the way they train, the way they play every day is an opportunity to impress the manager. They need to just make sure they take that opportunity.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum