Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Afolayan accuses Shrewsbury player of 'kicking' him after final whistle

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Afolayan accuses Shrewsbury player of 'kicking' him after final whistle 16252761

Dapo Afolayan claims he was ‘kicked’ by a Shrewsbury Town player after the final whistle in Wanderers’ 3-2 defeat on Saturday.

The Bolton striker made a complaint to referee Craig Hinks as the two sides walked off the pitch and had to be held back from retaliating as he walked back down the tunnel.

Ian Evatt explained the situation on Saturday evening but admitted he did not believe the situation would amount to anything.

“He said he had been kicked by one of their players,” said the Bolton boss.

“We always want to be gracious in victory and defeat and, for me, there were some comments flying around at the end that were inappropriate.

“Dapo says he has been kicked, so we will see. But I said to the players I don’t want to see them scrapping after the final whistle, getting involved in tunnel discussions, because it is just nonsense.

"Nothing ever happens. It is always just words, verbals, airy-fairy pushing and shoving, and I don’t want to see it. I want my team to fight on the pitch in the right way and we lost that fight in the last 10 minutes of the game.”

Wanderers conceded first once again – the fifth time in the last seven games that they have leaked a goal inside the first 25 minutes and the seventh out of nine fixtures that they have fell behind.

The manner in which Rob Street scored his goal also came as a source of frustration to Evatt.

“Everything we speak about, everything we are trying to do, just went out of the window,” he said.

“I don’t know why we try to take a free kick when we can easily play into territory and gain some momentum. We give it back to Traff, which invites their press, kick it long which is exactly what they wanted us to do, and they score.

“But to be fair the reaction was excellent after that. Following that first minute the 74 that followed were pretty good. We were in control.

“We had a really tough week but that hurt because we should have won it.”

With Manchester United’s Under-21s on their way to face Wanderers on Tuesday night, Evatt is unsure how many of the ill and injured players in his squad will be ready for the game.

“I don’t know,” he said. “Half of those players in there are under the weather.

“It is a day to day thing at the moment.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum