Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Darlington Arena

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Darlington Arena Empty The Darlington Arena Mon Nov 05 2012, 14:31

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We passed this stadium on the way to the Boro game and I was a bit sad to learn that it now sits empty because Darlington now groundshare with Shildon AFC.

It only opened in 2003 and had a capacity of 25,000 but was restricted to a 10,000 capacity because of local planning regulations.

I read somewhere that the Venky's were looking at the possibility of a new stadium for Bleakburn and I think I may give Shabby Singh a call.

2The Darlington Arena Empty Re: The Darlington Arena Mon Nov 05 2012, 19:56

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Reebok Trotter wrote:We passed this stadium on the way to the Boro game and I was a bit sad to learn that it now sits empty because Darlington now groundshare with Shildon AFC.

Darlington have officially folded. The club that share with Shildon are a pheonix club.

Reebok Trotter wrote:It only opened in 2003 and had a capacity of 25,000 but was restricted to a 10,000 capacity because of local planning regulations.

I read somewhere that the Venky's were looking at the possibility of a new stadium for Bleakburn and I think I may give Shabby Singh a call.

Darlo Rovers F.C.

You know Venky's would do it as well! :biggrin:

3The Darlington Arena Empty Re: The Darlington Arena Mon Nov 05 2012, 20:10

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I remember going to Darlingtons old ground for a Tuesday night cup game. I think we had about 20 fans there that night. Tony Kelly and Andy Walker scored iirc.

4The Darlington Arena Empty Re: The Darlington Arena Mon Nov 05 2012, 22:47

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

It is a real shame a stadium like that is just empty, will it ever host another football game? Maybe not. Darlington didn't need a stadium like that, their old ground right by the train station and town centre was just perfect. They really should have focused on getting a good team together and some promotions before looking at a great stadium. Such a mess how that club was run.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum