Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'Best team in the league' - Ian Evatt up for Plymouth challenge

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'Best team in the league' - Ian Evatt up for Plymouth challenge 16327072

The League One leaders are coming to town on Saturday, but Ian Evatt insists his Wanderers side “don’t fear anybody”.

Plymouth currently sit four points clear of second-place Sheffield Wednesday, having lost just three league games since the start of the campaign.

But the Whites also enter the game in high spirits following an emphatic 3-0 victory against promotion rivals Barnsley.

Dion Charles, Jon Dadi Bodvarsson and Kyle Dempsey were all on target at Oakwell on an afternoon to remember for the Bolton faithful.

Evatt reckons his side have what it takes to cause any side in the division problems if they can match their performance levels against the Tykes.

Wanderers have finished the past two seasons strongly, clinching promotion from League Two in 2021 and achieving a ninth-place finish last term.

The Bolton boss is eager to see that trend continue and hopes his side can continue to build momentum heading into Saturday’s game.

“As a statement, it would be the biggest one you could make because at the moment Plymouth are the best team in this league, and by some way with their record. We have to give them great credit for that,” he told The Bolton News.

“Beating the best team is always a statement but for this team it is about our own process - focusing on our performance levels and what we showed physically and technically on Monday.

“If we can get to that level again then we will be a handful for anybody. We don’t fear anybody and I think on our day we are more than capable.”

The Whites suffered a 2-0 defeat at Home Park earlier this season after goals from Niall Ennis and Ryan Hardie either side of half time.

While there were plenty of positives to take from the afternoon, Evatt felt the hosts were ultimately better in both boxes.

The Bolton boss says his side need to deliver in the key moments this time around as they aim to end Plymouth’s win streak.

He added: “As I said (at Home Park), I thought we had the better of the game. I thought it was us who were controlling the majority of the game, but we lost the moments.

“We have to start winning those moments, we won them on Monday and let’s see if we can do it again.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum