Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Who do you trust to tell the truth?

+2
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
6 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1trust - Who do you trust to tell the truth? Empty Who do you trust to tell the truth? Mon Jan 30 2023, 13:12

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

For most people it seems, they trust anything that anyone has ever posted on social media, so obviously this survey has not included that as a category but this is what say about other groups of people.

trust - Who do you trust to tell the truth? Fno8bmcWAAEEtXo?format=jpg&name=large

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:For most people it seems, they trust anything that anyone has ever posted on social media

Bullshit.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Sluffy wrote:For most people it seems, they trust anything that anyone has ever posted on social media

Bullshit.

Joking aside, you only have to look at how so many people monetise what they post on social media and becoming so called 'influencers' that tens and even hundreds of thousands of people follow and even subscribe to!

They aren't following them - and paying their money to do so - if are questioning what they are reading, are they?

God Lord we've had the likes of dear old Wanderlust and Hip Priest, absolutely incensed and raging full of hate and anger, frothing at the mouth about something or other that they've just read from social media, that simply wasn't true!  

Christ the forum's been wrecked over people's hatred, fired up from what they've read on twitter or Facebook and regurgitated on to here.

It is what it is, I know but people believe what they want to believe and disregard everything else - even the truth!

That's simply how it works, regrettably.

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:For most people it seems, they trust anything that anyone has ever posted on social media, so obviously this survey has not included that as a category but this is what say about other groups of people.

trust - Who do you trust to tell the truth? Fno8bmcWAAEEtXo?format=jpg&name=large
Is that one of those shit house tax avoiding yougov 
polls?

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

No, it isn't, it was done by Ipos (which used to be better known as MORI)

(in fact the Ipos logo is on the survey findings, in the bottom right hand corner).

Fwiw though I saw this tweet yesterday that made me laugh -

Very Happy

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:

Bullshit.
I agree with Nat.  A lot of different views are posted on social media.  A lot of crap and a lot of truth.  It would be the vast minority that believe everything posted.  I think people have their own views and use any sort of info, be it bbc news, sky news, YouTube, local drunk from the pub etc.  to back up these views

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Fwiw though I saw this tweet yesterday that made me laugh -

Very Happy
Very Happy

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:
Natasha Whittam wrote:

Bullshit.
I agree with Nat.  A lot of different views are posted on social media.  A lot of crap and a lot of truth.  It would be the vast minority that believe everything posted.  I think people have their own views and use any sort of info, be it bbc news, sky news, YouTube, local drunk from the pub etc.  to back up these views

You miss my point BTID, anyone can hold what ever opinion they want, can post it on social media for other like minded to read and pass on themselves - but very often those opinions are simply not true (I certainly wouldn't recommend taking for granted that something the 'local drunk from the pub' says to be a source to confirm you belief's on!).

For example I seem to remember that you were very anti-Anderson, and presumably based your opinion of him from what you read on social media?  

I've never met Anderson either but I did have knowledge of Company Law and knew enough that all these claims about him raping the club of millions and all the rest of it, simply couldn't be true - (in very simple terms Eddie Davies left debt in the club - the club owed him money and all the assets were mortgaged to him) - so there simply wasn't any money in the club for Anderson to take!

I told everyone on here this, but no one believed me - fair enough, I'm only some random poster and don't expect to be believed BUT I did tell you how and why I said what I did so that you and others could simply check for yourselves!

Instead the vast majority - you included, believed what they read off social media which had NO basis in the truth and NO evidence at all to back up what was being claimed.

It happens, time and time, and time again.  Just on Nuts alone for instance I also told you all that  politicians don't award PPE contracts - so can't have been awarding them to their mates - and that civil servants (Sue Gray) are not the 'servants' of the Prime Minister and do not do whatever he tells them if it is unlawful or untruthful.

Many people were of a different opinion based on their hatred/dislike of the Tory party, and ignored me even when I stated how the system actually works (and provided links accordingly).

People simply are foolish to believe something they read on social media which they don't check out for themselves first.

If you want to believe something you read on Facebook or twitter that backs up your opinion on something or other then that's up to you - but it doesn't mean you and they are right - in fact it could simply be (as in the examples I've given above) something called 'Confirmation Bias'.

See how it works in respect of social media social media with this article aimed at schools to make children more aware of this as well as 'echo chambers' and 'filter bubbles' here -

Why the news we see online isn't always what we think it is
https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/articles/zd7f382

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I like the fact you were able to read my mind :rofl:

Yes, I was/am anti Anderson, based on his actions whilst being the custodian of our club.  Never once did I say he was “raping the club”.  

Obviously this is based on all the news reports which does include social media as we don’t have access ti anything else.

10trust - Who do you trust to tell the truth? Empty Re: Who do you trust to tell the truth? Mon Jan 30 2023, 21:12

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:Joking aside, you only have to look at how so many people monetise what they post on social media and becoming so called 'influencers' that tens and even hundreds of thousands of people follow and even subscribe to!

It wasn't a joke. You said "most people" trust what they read on social media.

That is bullshit. It's simply your opinion. It isn't a fact.

See, I was able to differentiate between fact and bullshit.

11trust - Who do you trust to tell the truth? Empty Re: Who do you trust to tell the truth? Mon Jan 30 2023, 22:15

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I like the fact you were able to read my mind :rofl:

Yes, I was/am anti Anderson, based on his actions whilst being the custodian of our club.  Never once did I say he was “raping the club”.  

Obviously this is based on all the news reports which does include social media as we don’t have access ti anything else.

I seem to remember you agreeing with Wanderlust along those lines, but I won't be looking back over the threads to confirm that I remembered correctly.

And you seemed to have proved the very point I was making about believing stuff that 'confirms' your belief on the matter - as in fact you DID have access to something else at the time - I told you and everyone else that Eddie Davies had left debt in the club in order to prevent anyone (let alone Ken Anderson) simply buying it for £1 and then asset stripping it.

I linked to the clubs accounts which clearly showed that there was at least £164m worth of loans outstanding (creditors) at that time (and that ALL company's assets were secured against - which I linked you to Companies House documentation showing this to be the case) and even after the sale had gone through, Davies retained debt in the club (this time to stop Holdsworth and/or Anderson, asset stripping it if that was in their mind to do so).

I put all the information out there on the forum and repeatedly challenged Wanderlust to answer how he believed Anderson was raping the club of its money to enrich himself - as there clearly was nothing in the club to rape!

You and everyone else could if you wished, have proved for yourselves that what I was saying was absolutely true - but in your own words above you rather believed all the 'news' reports (if you mean Iles then more fool you) and what the gormless on social media were saying.

QED

Fwiw Anderson has now long since left the club, the accounts have been forensically scrutinised by the Administrator and Liquidator and no action whatsoever has been taking against him - showing that despite what you and most everybody else thought about him at the time (or may continue to do so since) he did absolutely nothing wrong legally in the running of the club during his tenure.

He basically ran an insolvent business on fumes just long enough to keep it from going bust and finding a new owner.

He couldn't pay out (say for wages for example) what the club didn't have, no matter if the players went on strike or the window cleaner didn't get paid.

That's unfortunately how it works when the money runs out - and a business falls into Administration.

I gave you access to the facts, explained what was happening and provided links so you could see for yourself but you still chose to believe social media because the truth simply didn't fit in with what you and everybody else wanted things to be.

You chose to believe social media than what in fact was the truth and which you could easily have seen for yourself if you had wanted to.

Nothing personal, no one else bothered either - I'm just trying to make the point how most people behave (on and off social media) that's why people believe all sorts of bollocks as long as it fits in with their belief/opinion/bias - and disregards the facts if they don't.

12trust - Who do you trust to tell the truth? Empty Re: Who do you trust to tell the truth? Mon Jan 30 2023, 22:18

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think you started this thread just to re-hash old arguments.

13trust - Who do you trust to tell the truth? Empty Re: Who do you trust to tell the truth? Mon Jan 30 2023, 22:27

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

For what it's worth, my own distrust of Anderson wasn't because of what he might be up to at our club, but his previous antics at Southampton.
My fears, though justified, turned out, thankfully, to have no substance with regard to BWFC.
But, let's not start on this again. Or I may be forced to bring Brucie back.

14trust - Who do you trust to tell the truth? Empty Re: Who do you trust to tell the truth? Mon Jan 30 2023, 22:36

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A14-BF7-CC-C2-E0-4914-9122-861-CBABF116-D

15trust - Who do you trust to tell the truth? Empty Re: Who do you trust to tell the truth? Mon Jan 30 2023, 22:41

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:For what it's worth, my own distrust of Anderson wasn't because of what he might be up to at our club, but his previous antics at Southampton.
My fears, though justified, turned out, thankfully, to have no substance with regard to BWFC.
But, let's not start on this again. Or I may be forced to bring Brucie back.

First of all Bonce, thank you for saying that Anderson did nothing wrong at BWFC - there's precious very few indeed who will admit to being wrong about Anderson even now!

Secondly I'm not rehashing the Anderson years again, I've simply used it as an example relevant to BTID, as I've also mentioned above about PPE/Tory sleaze and Sue Gray/what public servants do/don't do, which I don't recall BTID having taken a particular stand on.

As for bringing Brucie back, did you ever let him go away...?

16trust - Who do you trust to tell the truth? Empty Re: Who do you trust to tell the truth? Mon Jan 30 2023, 22:50

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

First of all Bonce, thank you for saying that Anderson did nothing wrong at BWFC - there's precious very few indeed who will admit to being wrong about Anderson even now!

Secondly I'm not rehashing the Anderson years again, I've simply used it as an example relevant to BTID, as I've also mentioned above about PPE/Tory sleaze and Sue Gray/what public servants do/don't do, which I don't recall BTID having taken a particular stand on.

As for bringing Brucie back, did you ever let him go away...?
On my own thread there's a bloke trying to contact him  from beyond the grave. Nice to haunt you, to haunt you........

17trust - Who do you trust to tell the truth? Empty Re: Who do you trust to tell the truth? Mon Jan 30 2023, 23:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:On my own thread there's a bloke trying to contact him  from beyond the grave. Nice to haunt you, to haunt you........

Talking of psychics....

Very Happy

18trust - Who do you trust to tell the truth? Empty Re: Who do you trust to tell the truth? Tue Jan 31 2023, 10:14

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Never gets old that does it. Very Happy

19trust - Who do you trust to tell the truth? Empty Re: Who do you trust to tell the truth? Tue Jan 31 2023, 10:21

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:Never gets old that does it. Very Happy
OOOOH, 29,000th post and I waste it. I'm sorry. It's clearly not up to the high standards I've set myself. I'll try harder when I've finished the latest Beano. (Roger the Dodger has taken up parachuting).

20trust - Who do you trust to tell the truth? Empty Re: Who do you trust to tell the truth? Wed Feb 01 2023, 09:55

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Getting to the truth is getting harder. Interesting little piece from Beau today.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum