Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Don't tell a white lie to Mr Hussain.

+2
Bernard Dennis Park
Reebok Trotter
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Don't tell a white lie to Mr Hussain. Empty Don't tell a white lie to Mr Hussain. Wed Nov 07 2012, 12:51

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2228748/Teachers-school-training-caught-wedding-Head-accused-lying-letter-parents.html?ICO=most_read_module

A storm in a teacup or does he have a valid point ? Many working parents would have had to make alternate arrangements for their children because of the wedding.

Double standards ?

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I saw something on the news similar to this not so long ago. Except it was a kid going to his mums wedding when he should've been at school. The school kicked off and was looking at prosecuting his mother. The head teacher should be sacked in this case imo.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I agree with Bernie, sack the bint. Why do teachers get "inset" days anyway? They finish just after 3pm everyday, why not ask them to, shock horror, do a full day until 5pm?

Numpty 28723

Numpty 28723
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

That head teacher's a bit of a tricky-bollocks if you ask me. The dodgy school name's a right giveaway - who ever heard of a saint called Hilda?

And the photo looks more like the local cash and carry booze emporium than a grand wedding venue.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:I agree with Bernie, sack the bint. Why do teachers get "inset" days anyway? They finish just after 3pm everyday, why not ask them to, shock horror, do a full day until 5pm?

That is because most decent teachers start at 8am and work through until 4pm and then there is marking to be done and preparations for the next day - so it is longer than a normal working day!

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I saw something on the news similar to this not so long ago. Except it was a kid going to his mums wedding when he should've been at school. The school kicked off and was looking at prosecuting his mother. The head teacher should be sacked in this case imo.

In the case you are referring to the local authority prosecuted the parents and they were fined.

At my kids school any unauthorised absences are recorded and letters are sent out to parents. I reckon the staff at St Hildas were pulling a fast one.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

bwfc71 wrote:That is because most decent teachers start at 8am and work through until 4pm and then there is marking to be done and preparations for the next day - so it is longer than a normal working day!

How many weeks holiday do they get each year?

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Good point. They get roughly 12 weeks holiday per year, not including induction days and public holidays. That's over three bloody months holiday which is salaried in full.

The education authorities have decreed that wherever possible school kids should not be at school for more than seven continuous weeks.

Last edited by Reebok Trotter on Wed Nov 07 2012, 14:29; edited 1 time in total

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

You'd think they'd be able to arrange for the wedding to take place during some of these holidays.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

That's what I thought. Being teachers I would assume they would be intelligent enough to use a planner.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:

That is because most decent teachers start at 8am and work through until 4pm and then there is marking to be done and preparations for the next day - so it is longer than a normal working day!

How much marking and prep is there for 4-11 year olds?

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

A lot don't forget that during the average day they normally do 5 different subjects (especially KS2 children) in any day, and with an average class size of 32 nowadays.....! (compared to class size average of 21 over here in The Netherlands!)

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

bwfc71 wrote:(compared to class size average of 21 over here in The Netherlands!)

Very Happy

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

just trying to countdown to my 2000th post!!!!

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Whereas I would never want to teach, and usually dont envy the teachers, I think they've kicked the arse out of this one. Just about everyone has a bit of time off here and there, but for the whole lot to do this is ridiculous. Knowing that kids would be let out early, a lot of parents would have taken at least the afternoon off, many losing money, or leave for it. Although its not a lot, I feel the teachers should lose either half a days leave, or the cash equivalent. They should also make up the time they took off

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Just seen the report on GR......

Basically the school were allowed to take time off (agreed between teachers, school board and Oldham CC) to research and think of ideas for the golden jubilee (I am assuming the schools as it was not made clear) and that can be done on or off site and in their own time (but able to take that time off from school time!!!!)

If I were Oldham CC I would request the real reason as to what went on and then dock their wages for the time involved, and give that money as compensation to the parents of the affected children!

gloswhite

gloswhite
Guðni Bergsson
Guðni Bergsson

Give it to charity, otherwise they'll get about 2p each

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

gloswhite wrote:Give it to charity, otherwise they'll get about 2p each

With the average teachers wage being about 27,000 - heads of departments get about on average 33,000 - assistant head get about 42,000 and head gets about 55,000 (all basic by the way and they will get extra's for various things) I am sure it could be more than 2p per parent!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum