Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gethin is backing Wanderers to ride injury storm at Peterborough United

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gethin is backing Wanderers to ride injury storm at Peterborough United 16434911

Gethin Jones says Wanderers have enough strength in depth to go to Peterborough and get a result this weekend, despite a lengthy list of absentees.

Ian Evatt will be without at least eight first teamers at London Road through a mixture of injuries and suspensions.

Saturday will be the 5,000th league game in Bolton’s history and sees them come up against a Posh side that has rediscovered some promotion form of their own in recent weeks.

Though light on numbers, Jones is confident the remaining players have enough to keep up their own positive form.

“We have been on a great run and we’re not going to give that up,” he told The Bolton News. “We’re missing quite a few at the moment, 100 per cent, but there is enough quality in this squad to cope. We know what we have got and there are good players who have been waiting for their chance.”

Jones has started in three different positions for the previous three fixtures but has no qualms with where he starts this weekend.

“In goal is probably the one position I wouldn’t pick for myself,” he grinned. “I had a laugh with the gaffer this morning because I’ve been right-sided centre-half, left-sided centre-half and left-wing-back in the last few games.

“But, honestly, I don’t care where I start as long as I am on the pitch and helping the team.”

Manchester City loanee Luke Mbete could be called in to make his debut against Peterborough, having signed on transfer deadline day and been an unused substitute in the 1-0 win against Cheltenham Town.

“He has settled in really well,” said vice-captain Jones. “You can see he is comfortable on the ball and he is also starting to get used to the way we play, some of the patterns, so I think he won’t be far away.”

“I’ve been right-sided centre-half, left-sided centre-half and left-wing-back in the last few games."

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gethin is backing Wanderers to ride injury storm at Peterborough United 2Q==

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:Gethin is backing Wanderers to ride injury storm at Peterborough United 2Q==
I've warned you before about stealing the sign from atop my personal thread. There are bare screw holes again now. Put it back or face the consequences.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum