Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Big Vic has 20 goals in his sights after breaking duck at Bolton Wanderers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Big Vic has 20 goals in his sights after breaking duck at Bolton Wanderers 16494940

Victor Adeboyejo is hungry for more goals now he has opened his account at Wanderers.

The striker grabbed his first goal in a Bolton shirt in the 2-1 win against Port Vale, taking his tally to 14 overall when you factor in his haul from previous club Burton Albion.

After getting the all-important first one out of the way, he now has his sights fixed firmly on topping up that total all the way to 20 by the end of the season.

“I usually say ‘two goals a month’ and if I get that, I’ll be somewhere near 20,” he told The Bolton News. “That’s the target and in this team I feel like I’ll get the chances.

“Of course I’m happy to get the first one out of the way. After a while it might have felt like pressure but I don’t try to put too much on myself.

“You have to back yourself in situations and I do that a lot. The players we have around, there will always be a chance somewhere and I am happy I was there to take one.”

Adeboyejo also created a goal for Josh Sheehan, who had returned to the team for his first league start since December.

“The assist was more important that the finish,” grinned the 25-year-old. “If I hadn’t weighted that pass just right.

“I’m joking, it was amazing finish. It shows the quality we have in the team because Josh hasn’t necessarily been playing recently but to come in the way he did and get that goal is incredible. Credit to him and the boys.”

Adeboyejo limped out of Saturday’s game but still hopes to be involved against Portsmouth on Tuesday night.

“I don’t think it is an injury per se, it is more of a bang on my knee and when I tried to push off it felt sore,” he added. “Hopefully I’ll be fine and in contention.”

Wanderers have confirmed that they have been allocated 38,834 tickets for the Papa Johns Trophy final at Wembley Stadium on April 2.

They will go on sale at 10am on Tuesday morning to season ticket holders, who will be able to purchase TWO seats before they go on general sale.

Prices go from £20 to £60 for adults and kids are £10 throughout.

Bolton currently have around 14,000 season ticket holders, so even if each fan takes up their allocation there will be around 10,000 seats left for members and open sale.

The club will confirm all details in a comprehensive document issued today (Monday), including access for disabled supporters, details for hospitality, and chief executive, Neil Hart, is confident the process will run smoothly.

“We have a nice healthy allocation, the queue will open at 10am, but this isn’t a Morecambe or an Accrington away where we are trying to get 10,000 people into an away end.

“I’d say to people to take their time on Tuesday, to be patient, and then I think everyone will be happy.

“I will also say that we are doing a piece of work on our ticketing system and I will guarantee that supporters will have a smoother purchasing journey from next season.

“We are talking to Ticketmaster about improving our technology. We are on a medium to long-term deal with them, so we are trying to improve things because a lot of supporters have fed back to us.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum