Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Back to business for Kyle Dempsey ahead of 'tough period'

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Back to business for Kyle Dempsey ahead of 'tough period' 16631341

Despite the highs of Wembley, battling for promotion to the Championship is still the main priority for Kyle Dempsey.

The midfielder set the tone for a memorable victory against Plymouth with a clinical header during the opening stages.

He also assisted Dion Charles and caused the Pilgrims countless problems with his running in behind during the first half.

Dempsey was pleased to give the fans an occasion to remember in the capital but remains focused on the task at hand ahead of Friday’s trip to Exeter.

The Grecians have lost just one of their last seven matches in the league and have a strong record at home this season.

“The focus goes back on the league. We know we’ve got a tough period coming up where we have got to win games, it’s as simple as that,” said Dempsey.

“I think for us, it was obviously a massive game. We wanted to win, we wanted to give the fans that moment.

“We know it has been a bit of time since they have been here and to give them that moment is incredible.

“But we know that the most important thing for us is this league and getting out of the league.

“Our focus now goes back onto training and getting ready for Friday. Hopefully, we can have a good end to the season and get in the play-offs.”

Wanderers ran out 2-0 winners when the sides met at the UniBol back in December, with Conor Bradley and Charles both on target during the first half.

Elias Kachunga also hopes the Whites can build on their big win at Wembley but insists they must be prepared for a different challenge at St James Park.

“We must be 100 percent again. It will be a different game, a different pitch, smaller stadium. But we can create this atmosphere in every game and believe in each other because this was a big thing for us," he added.

“It is my aim to take my performance into a league game and to score goals. It is important to score more goals and finish the season strongly.”

Source

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Footballer plays in next game and wants to score goals.

Incredible. I thought Dempsey would retire after Sunday. What do I know?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum