Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'Heartbroken' Shrewsbury boss hoping to bounce back at Bolton

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'Heartbroken' Shrewsbury boss hoping to bounce back at Bolton 16687528

Shrewsbury boss Steve Cotterill hopes his side can build on their “outstanding” performance against Plymouth in midweek ahead of Saturday’s trip to Wanderers.

The Shrews were beaten 2-1 by the league leaders despite going ahead through Killian Phillips. Callum Wright scored a dramatic winner in the sixth minute of stoppage time for the Pilgrims.

Salop are now without a win in their last six league matches, having picked up just one point in that time.

Speaking after the game, Cotterill told the club website: “Their effort has been outstanding all season - all 42 games and the cup games.

"They have been outstanding. They should have won Saturday and they could have won tonight. It was an incredible effort by the boys.

“I have just said in there, 'I'm sorry.' I apologised for what I have had to put them through because that is what I feel.”

He added: "We've got players who have not played playing in a back four tonight. Benno (Elliott Bennett) hasn't played a lot, Kade Craig has not played at all.

"Taylor Moore has played everywhere bar in goal and they are an absolute credit. They are a credit to their families and they have been an enormous credit to this football club.

"They have been magnificent this season these boys. Absolutely magnificent and I cannot praise them enough.”

20-year-old Kade Craig made his league debut on Tuesday night, and Cotterill hailed the youngster’s attitude.

"He is a tough boy. The only men’s football he’s had was going out on loan to Telford – and then he dislocated his shoulder,” the manager explained.

"He has been doing his rehabilitation, he has come back and he’s been thrown into that because there is nobody else left. There is nobody else left.

"We have had some really bad injuries this year – there is not a lot I can do about cruciates, ruptured ankle ligaments.”

Wanderers suffered a 3-2 defeat at New Meadow earlier in the season, with Dion Charles bagging a brace that day.

The Whites ran out 2-1 winners when the sides last met at the UniBol in October 2021 thanks to goals from Antoni Sarcevic and Dapo Afolayan.

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum