Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why Ian Evatt has 'massive belief' in Bolton's January signing Randell Williams

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Why Ian Evatt has 'massive belief' in Bolton's January signing Randell Williams 16757566

Randell Williams came to Wanderers’ rescue at Bristol Rovers on Sunday – and gave a glimpse of why Ian Evatt brought him to the club.

The former Hull and Exeter wide man has endured a bumpy start to his Bolton career since dropping into League One in January.

But his versatility proved a godsend at the Memorial Stadium as he replaced right wing-back Gethin Jones midway through the first half, going on to have his most effective game so far for the Whites.

“it is one of the reasons that we brought him in, he has the flexibility to play on both sides,” Ian Evatt said. “He has played a lot as the right side of a front three, he played a lot in the Championship for Hull as a right wing-back, so I think recently we have seen what he can bring to us.

“Maybe he was slightly inconsistent to start but I have a massive belief that he is going to improve.”

Ricardo Santos played 45 minutes on his return from injury, showing a few signs of ring rustiness.

Evatt is confident he can be ready for the upcoming play-offs.

“You saw the way we could sustain attacks first half because we can just leave him one-v-one,” he said.

“He is a huge player for us, really important, but it is just fitness with him. He is not naturally the fittest guy in the world, so he does take a little while to get going again.

“But the most important things is that there is no adverse reaction to his injury.”

Evatt spent the first half of Sunday’s game in the stands, looking to get a better view of a much-changed team.

“I just wanted a different outlook on some of our patterns of play and our movement, especially when you make so many changes,” he explained. “I just wanted to have a look at where the space was on the pitch and what we do to utilise it better.

“It was always the way to move back down after half time and give everyone the information, and I was really pleased how it went.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum