Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wanderers squad grateful for 'unbelievable' Sharon Brittan

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Wanderers squad grateful for 'unbelievable' Sharon Brittan 16645996

It is no secret that Sharon Brittan is rather popular among Wanderers fans, but that feeling is also shared by the playing squad.

Brittan became chairman in 2019 and has been integral to club’s progress on and off the pitch over the past few years.

She could well be the “nicest person in football”, according to skipper Ricardo Santos.

“Sharon is obviously a big part of the football, but she does a lot outside of that as well,” Santos told The Buff Podcast.

“When I was in hospital, she was texting me every single day and checking up on my missus and kids. You can speak to her whenever.

“She doesn’t want to seem like this big, powerful person. She is just a human being and respects everyone.”

The defender continued: “Ever since I’ve been here, she has been consistent and is an amazing person.

“She is trying to get the club back to being a family club and you can see that with all the fans coming in. I think the club is going in the right direction.”

Gethin Jones was also touched by the support he and his family received from Brittan and the ownership during his mother’s illness.

“I have been at previous clubs where I have never even met the owner,” he added. “Sharon has been in contact with myself and a lot of the other lads during our time here.

“With everything I had going on with my mum, she is still in contact checking up with my dad. Sometimes he says, ‘I spoke to Sharon yesterday’ and I didn’t even know anything about it.

“She is unbelievable and there is a real close relationship between the players and the ownership. It helps us go and do the job for them on match days.

“When you see how much she cares and how she looks after us on and off the pitch, you want to give something back.

“When we won the Papa Johns Trophy at Wembley, we walked up the steps to lift the trophy and got to see Sharon with a big smile on her face.

“Seeing Ollie and Toby (her sons) up there as well, it was amazing to see the smiles on their faces.”

George Johnston has been at Wanderers for the past couple of seasons and admits Brittan’s bond with the players is unique in the modern game.

“I have never really had a relationship with an owner at another football club, so she has been massive for the players,” he explained.

“She has always got an ear for you and will always listen to you. She has been massively supportive for us this season and we can’t thank her enough.

“She is very proactive with us. Having that trust and backing from here just gives us an extra few per cent and incentive to do well.”

Source

Ten Bobsworth

Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Auntie Sharon might well be as nice as ninepence but I find it interesting that the players think that she is the owner of BWFC. Who else thinks that and why?

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum