Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bolton 1-1 Barnsley

+18
NickFazer
Bolton Nuts
JonnyRandom
Culcheth_White
inf
terenceanne
Lyric Todkill
WhiteBic
bwfc71
Reebok Trotter
doffcocker
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
Sgt. Bash
aaron_bwfc
Lofty_Love
BoltonTillIDie
wanderlust
22 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

1Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Tue Nov 13 2012, 08:09

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

So 5 points out of a possible 9 is hardly setting the division on fire, but Rome wasn't built in a day and they were relatively tough fixtures on paper. Barnsley at home is a different kettle of fish though and I'd suggest this game is a "must win" in many respects. Barnsley, like most teams in this division are half decent and can turn it on from time to time, but if we're going to do anything this season it really needs to start now.

I'll predict a clean sheet in the hope that it's going to happen.

2 nil to the Whites.

If we don't win this one, a serious rethink is in order.

2Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Tue Nov 13 2012, 08:30

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Put your actual predictions in the competition thread [You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

3Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Tue Nov 13 2012, 09:58

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I agree a 2-0 to Bolton

8 points from 4 games, bang on target.

4Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Tue Nov 13 2012, 12:34

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

A team that we rarely used to beat back in the 90s if I remember rightly, I know we were once 2-0 up aganst them and cruising yet somehow let them back into it.

On this occassion I will go for 4-0 bolton.

5Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Tue Nov 13 2012, 12:37

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

If we really are serious about a promotion or play-off push, then Barnsley at home is a game we simply have to win. No excuses. I think we will, Bolton 3-1 Barnsley. COYWM!!!

6Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Tue Nov 13 2012, 12:41

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

It will be interesting to see who he goes up front with. Personally a team like barnsley at home we really should be going 2 up front with Ngog and Afobe, though DF seems to like the 4-5-1 so should he stick with Ngog or would anyone put Davies back in?

7Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Tue Nov 13 2012, 12:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A sneaky Barnsley victory or frustrating draw is almost guaranteed. Bolton just don't win these "easy" games.

8Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Tue Nov 13 2012, 13:30

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Had a dream last night that barnsley were leading 3-0 yet we went on to win 6-1..

It might happen.

9Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Tue Nov 13 2012, 13:31

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Crazy Dream!

10Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Tue Nov 13 2012, 14:23

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Benching Davies is a monumental step in the right direction, short and long term. Should it be Ngog up there on his own? I don't mind a 4-5-1 whoever the opposition may be as long as it involves the right players. I think Ngog does the job very well. What was encouraging at Blackpool was that he not only had the speed that we've lacked all season, but also made good use of those long high balls that some believed only Davies could, except without KD's bull in a china shop approach - though less frequent, these were well calculated aerial flick-ons.
What I didn't like at Blackpool was Petrov and Eagles playing on the right and left respectively. Sure there are advantages to sticking wide players on the side opposite to favoured foot, but it can also be a momentum killer. If we're going for a 4-5-1, then Petrov and Eagles have to start on the left in right, in my opinion.

Ideally, we'd finally get to see a Sordell and Ngog partnership but why put ourselves through hoping? It's not gonna happen.

11Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Tue Nov 13 2012, 14:26

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

doffcocker wrote:Benching Davies is a monumental step in the right direction, short and long term. Should it be Ngog up there on his own? I don't mind a 4-5-1 whoever the opposition may be as long as it involves the right players. I think Ngog does the job very well. What was encouraging at Blackpool was that he not only had the speed that we've lacked all season, but also made good use of those long high balls that some believed only Davies could, except without KD's bull in a china shop approach - though less frequent, these were well calculated aerial flick-ons.
What I didn't like at Blackpool was Petrov and Eagles playing on the right and left respectively. Sure there are advantages to sticking wide players on the side opposite to favoured foot, but it can also be a momentum killer. If we're going for a 4-5-1, then Petrov and Eagles have to start on the left in right, in my opinion.

Ideally, we'd finally get to see a Sordell and Ngog partnership but why put ourselves through hoping? It's not gonna happen.

I'm sorry but Ngog was shit at Blackpool.

12Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Tue Nov 13 2012, 14:29

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Petrov is better on the wing but Eagles can play inside left. With Mark Davies in the middle and Spearing just behind him it means we can also have Chungy on the other wing.

13Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Tue Nov 13 2012, 14:33

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:A sneaky Barnsley victory or frustrating draw is almost guaranteed. Bolton just don't win these "easy" games.

Wouldn't go as far as to say it's an easy game - there are none - but the clock's a-tickin' and we do need to put some points on the board. Still, we do have the capacity to blow it as Nat likes to remind us. Park that one comment and it's clear the rest of us are optimistic.

I'd like to see Sordell make an appearance - has has some paying back to do - but that ain't going to happen either.

14Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Tue Nov 13 2012, 15:26

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Cab we make it 4th straight game without a loss?

Hope so. Being optimistic with this game and going for a 2-1 win (we will carry on conceding until at least January)

15Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Tue Nov 13 2012, 15:43

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Its about time we gave someone a drubbing. 5 - 0

16Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Tue Nov 13 2012, 17:15

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

5-1

momentum starts here

17Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Wed Nov 14 2012, 00:12

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

If SKD starts 2-1 Bolton .....otherwise 4-0 Bolton.

Our reserves should beat this lot .....no disrespect meant to Barnsley fans.

A dominant display with more possession, shots etc etc..... No excuses will be accepted by me. If this is a Prem squad then we better see it right now. I don't want to hear about a hard fought draw or bad refs.

18Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Wed Nov 14 2012, 08:11

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

terenceanne wrote:

Our reserves should beat this lot .....no disrespect meant to Barnsley fans.

I suspect it is slightly disrespectful even so.

19Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Wed Nov 14 2012, 12:30

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

No intention of disrespect .... I would say the same for us ....if we played Chelsea or Utd's reserves....... it is what it is.

20Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Empty Re: Bolton 1-1 Barnsley Wed Nov 14 2012, 12:38

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Off topic slightly but Barnsley have apparantly snapped up Tudgay.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum