Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'The club has a valuation on every player' - Evatt on Bolton's transfer business

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'The club has a valuation on every player' - Evatt on Bolton's transfer business 17098123

Ian Evatt reckons Wanderers’ involvement in the summer transfer window is far from over.

The Bolton boss said he expected deals in both directions in the last three weeks before deadline – and links have now emerged linking Championship side Bristol City with a move for midfielder George Thomason.

Kieran Sadlier and Declan John could also be moved on in the coming weeks, with the Whites still looking to strengthen their options on the right.

Evatt is delighted with the business he has achieved in the summer – amounting to eight deals so far – and said he was now weighing up exactly what else was needed before pursuing anything more.

“I think we are in a consolidation phase at the moment where we are just taking stock of the market, of what our squad looks like and how they are performing as a team and as individuals,” he said.

“At the moment we are relatively happy. We want to improve and I’d be surprised if there wasn’t ins and outs by the end of the window. But, for now, we are not imminent for anything.

“I want to just browse the windows and see what is available for the time being but I am really happy with where we are now.”

Wanderers have circulated the names of players who could be available in the window and are also keen to get youngsters like Nelson Khumbeni and Max Conway out on loan at a good level of football.

Evatt insists, however, that none of his players will feel they are being pushed towards the exit door.

“Unless there were serious discipline issues, I’d never have any of them training away with the B Team or Youth Team,” he said. “There is none of that here and it isn’t how we treat people.

“We want players to enjoy their training and of course everyone wants to play. I can only pick 11 and 18, so there will always be some who are frustrated or unhappy.

“But they won’t be treated any differently. It is just up to them when and if options become available as to whether they take them or not.

“The club has a valuation on every player and provided clubs meet that valuation we will allow players to leave, provided that is what they want to do.”

Wanderers go to Cheltenham Town on Saturday with Evatt keen to play down the notion that the Gloucestershire men are somehow a “bogey team”.

“We have won two of the last three games there,” he said. “It is always a tough challenge at Cheltenham and we have met each other lots of times down the years as we have followed a similar sort of journey out of League Two.

“We know what to expect from each other but we are in a good place.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum