Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

SMART WATCH?

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1SMART WATCH? Empty SMART WATCH? Fri Oct 27 2023, 18:15

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I'm thinking of buyinga Smart Watch that gives a reliable accurate Blood pressure reading that doesn't cost silly Apple prices, but isn't some cheap flashy looking thing that goes in the bin in three weeks time.

Have you got one that is  working well and isn't the size of a dinner plate.

2SMART WATCH? Empty Re: SMART WATCH? Fri Oct 27 2023, 19:19

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:I'm thinking of buyinga Smart Watch that gives a reliable accurate Blood pressure reading that doesn't cost silly Apple prices, but isn't some cheap flashy looking thing that goes in the bin in three weeks time.

Have you got one that is  working well and isn't the size of a dinner plate.
Not sure how accurate they are, but they say most give you a decent guide. I bought one once, and I made the mistake of going for an expensive one, and couldn't fathom out how to work it. Blood pressure shot up trying to work out the instructions.
Some sensibly priced ones on amazon that might be worth a look, and at least if they're not the best, you've not lost a big chunk of money.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=blood+pressure+watch&crid=381XQWWBEGFMX&sprefix=blood+pressure+watch%2Caps%2C84&ref=nb_sb_noss_1

3SMART WATCH? Empty Re: SMART WATCH? Sun Oct 29 2023, 15:30

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

boltonbonce wrote:
Not sure how accurate they are, but they say most give you a decent guide. I bought one once, and I made the mistake of going for an expensive one, and couldn't fathom out how to work it. Blood pressure shot up trying to work out the instructions.
Some sensibly priced ones on amazon that might be worth a look, and at least if they're not the best, you've not lost a big chunk of money.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=blood+pressure+watch&crid=381XQWWBEGFMX&sprefix=blood+pressure+watch%2Caps%2C84&ref=nb_sb_noss_1
Yes, I find it hard to believe that they can be as reliable as the Omron pump it up one I have at the moment. They profess to do so much, I think they may be a gimmicky thing that could just be an annoyance.

4SMART WATCH? Empty Re: SMART WATCH? Sun Oct 29 2023, 20:18

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajun, I don’t think any smart watches check blood pressure unless it is a really new feature. I made this mistake when buying one after my stroke thinking they did too.

I bought an Apple Watch Series 7 that checks heart rate and also for atrial fibrilation as well as the usual fitness and convenience apps, pedometer etc.

5SMART WATCH? Empty Re: SMART WATCH? Mon Oct 30 2023, 15:00

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Thanks for your comments Kp, I really appreciate them.
I have felt very wary about buying a smart watch as they seem very woollly about the Bp reading bit.

I will stick with the traditional machine my GP told me to get.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum