Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'Just in case' - Wanderers ready to go on January targets if needed, says Evatt

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'Just in case' - Wanderers ready to go on January targets if needed, says Evatt 17478767

Wanderers will be ready to move on player targets – whatever the January transfer window throws at them.

Ian Evatt says the club must have a “fluid” approach to recruitment when the opportunity to do more business arrives in just over a month’s time.

Options are being considered in midfield, where Carlos Mendes Gomes could be out of commission for a spell on international duty with Guinea Bissau.

And with Championship scouts also keeping regular tabs on Bolton’s top talents in the past couple of months, there is also the possibility that Evatt may have to reach for a ‘Plan B’ in the market.

The Wanderers boss met with technical performance director Chris Markham on Thursday to discuss potential moves but cannot commit to any firm plans at present.

“I think it is more likely to be ready, just in case,” he told The Bolton News.

“The ‘just in case’ can be a number of things – it can be injuries, we are likely to lose Carlos (Mendes Gomes) for four to six weeks for the African Cup of Nations, which is something we haven’t had to deal with before, new for us.

“We are going to potentially have to fend off some of the wolves for our assets.

“So, it is about being fluid and prepared. We are certain are that.

“The reason I’m late for this press conference is that I have been with Chris (Markham) for the last two hours looking at players and potential opportunities to improve.

“We are ready to move, if we need to move. At the moment we won’t be making any concrete plans but by January we must be prepared for all scenarios.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum