Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Bodvarsson delighted to see Nlundulu enjoying his football at Wanderers

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bodvarsson delighted to see Nlundulu enjoying his football at Wanderers 17512382

Jon Dadi Bodvarsson believes that Wanderers fans are now starting to see more of what Dan Nlundulu can offer.

The more experienced half of a strike pair that provided five goals between them in the FA Cup at the weekend, Bodvarsson is encouraged to see Nlundulu starting to gain some traction following his summer move from Southampton.

Whereas Dion Charles and Victor Adeboyejo have claimed the lion’s share of the action in League One this season, the Harrogate win provided a timely reminder to Ian Evatt of the depth in his striking ranks.

Bodvarsson hopes to see Nlundulu push on and realise his potential.

“Dan is an emotional guy and he wants to do really well for himself and for the club,” he told The Bolton News. “It shows, and sometimes I think he needs to be a bit more composed. He is working on that and I think in the last few games he has been really good.

“I am trying my best where I can to maybe show him, with experience, where he can do better and help him where I can.

“He has been really good recently so whatever I can do for him, I will, he is a good guy.”

Nlundulu talked openly about the difficulties he had faced early this season with criticism on social media.

Bodvarsson is happy to see his team-mate responding to his doubters in the best possible way.

“I have had it myself at previous clubs and everyone goes through that sort of spell,” he said. “Sometimes it is harder to get over that hurdle, but I think he has done it really well recently, and we have talked about it ourselves. The only thing you can do to show how good you are is with actions, and he is doing that now. I’m delighted for him.”

Evatt also senses his young striker is now feeling more comfortable in a Bolton shirt.

The Wanderers boss stood by his summer signing Nlundulu when he found goals harder to come by at the start of the season, and is encouraged by the direction he is now moving.

“It’s confidence,” he said. “That is probably the main attribute for any football player because when you have it you have the freedom and clarity of vision, you know what you want to do, and I think Dan is in that place right now.

“I have said all along that he has every attribute you need to be a very good football player – he can run, he is quick, he is strong and physical, he has the technique as we saw with his work for Jon’s second goal on Saturday and the work he did. He had composure with the pass, too.

“I think his second goal against Harrogate was a great finish, so he can do it all. But it comes down to whether Dan can put all those ingredients into the right recipe. Can he come out with the best end product?

“Over the last couple of games it looks like he has started to get to grips with that.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum