Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ian Evatt scoops second Manager of the Month prize in a row

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ian Evatt scoops second Manager of the Month prize in a row 17527692

Ian Evatt has been voted Sky Bet League One Manager of the Month for the second time in succession.

The Wanderers boss picked up the November award after his side took 10 points, scoring 10 goals, and kept four clean sheets in four unbeaten games.

The highlight of the run was a 7-0 home win against Exeter City – Bolton’s biggest margin of victory in a league game since 1997.

Speaking after collecting the prize, Evatt said: “It’s lovely to receive individual awards but it shows the good work that the team are doing. The wider coaching staff put a lot of hours into helping me prepare the players, and the players have gone out there to execute our plans to perfection.

“It’s great when we put it all together, and against Exeter we did that. We’re capable of that now, and it’s very much a team effort. The players’ performances have enabled me to get awards like this, so I’m really proud of them.”

Former Sheffield Wednesday and Barnsley boss Danny Wilson chairs the Sky Bet Manager of the Month judging panel.

He said: “Four games, 10 points, 10 goals and clean sheets to boot. A 7-0 win over Exeter was the stand-out result along with the point gained at third-placed Oxford. Ian and his side are in great form as they head into a busy festive schedule.”

After picking up Manager of the Year in the National League during his time with Barrow and three Manager of the Month prizes at Bolton in League Two, this is Evatt’s second monthly award as a League One boss.

Sky Sports’ EFL pundit Don Goodman said: “Ian Evatt has picked up Manager of the Month in League One for the second month running, and it maybe isn’t a surprise.

“Ten points from a possible 12 without conceding a goal has left Bolton in the automatics with a game in hand on leaders Portsmouth. Ian Evatt has instilled defensive solidity, with a free-flowing attacking style that saw them put seven past Exeter.”

Nathan Baxter was nominated for the November Player of the Month award in League One but was pipped by Northampton Town’s Sam Hoskins.

The attacking midfielder was instrumental in an upturn of form for the Cobblers, scoring three goals – two of them winners – and adding one assist in three games.

Northampton manager Jon Brady said: "I am very pleased for him, three goals in the month, two of them were winners and he added an assist. He just keeps delivering.

"People will talk about his goals but it is his attitude, his commitment, his work rate, everything is exceptional. He does so much for the team and he leads in a fantastic way.

Hoskins said: "I am very proud to have won this award. November was a really good month for us and it was a whole squad effort. To have won the games we did was very important and I am pleased to have been able to have played my part in those victories.

"All of the lads contributed to some strong team performances and we want to try and continue that form moving forward."

Sky Sports’ EFL pundit Don Goodman said: “Northampton really found form in November, winning three on the bounce and climbing the League One table, and a lot of that was down to Sam Hoskins.

“Their talisman in attacking midfield was central to everything good about Northampton in November, scoring two important winners vs Blackpool and Cambridge.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum