Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

'You just have to bite your tongue' - Will Forrester on Bolton squad rotation

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

'You just have to bite your tongue' - Will Forrester on Bolton squad rotation 17313489

Will Forrester admits it has been tough finding himself outside the starting XI at Wanderers this season - but he won't let it get him down!

The former Port Vale defender has impressed in his 18 appearances in all competitions so far for the Whites but nearly half of his starts so far have been in the cup competitions.

Before stepping in to replace Gethin Jones against Burton on Monday he had started just one of the last 10 games in League One.

With Jones now away on international duty until February, Forrester has a chance to stake his claim.

“It has obviously been a little frustrating when you are playing, think you are playing well and then not playing the next game,” the 22-year-old said. “But I trust the gaffer and what he is doing, he always talks about the rotation, and we have a very good squad.

“You just have to bite your tongue sometimes and I always stay ready on the side, never let my head drop, be ready when I am called upon.”

Despite finding himself in and out of the side so far, Forrester is confident he made the right choice moving to Wanderers from the Potteries in the summer.

“I have thoroughly enjoyed every time I step on to the pitch,” he said. “The way we play suits me and suits a lot of the players we have.

“We know we can play attractive football but sometimes games pan out different ways when you play against different teams, I think we have the ability to adapt, which is always a bonus.

“I have thoroughly enjoyed it and I think everyone that is down there in the dressing room will say the exact same.”

Wanderers took four wins from four games over Christmas and have now kept clean sheets in their last three.

Whilst not at their best against Burton, Forrester feels the club is showing promotion form.

“It is massive, especially with what we want to achieve this season,” he said.

“To get four wins on the spin is big for the morale of the players. We want to keep on winning and get another run together.

“We obviously know we are better than we put out but over the Christmas period it is obviously a busy one, so all that matters is the three points. We got that and it is four on the spin, so that is the main thing.

“We know we can do better but we can work on it.”

Source

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum