Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Happy Birthday Brucie.

+3
Bwfc1958
Whitesince63
Norpig
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Happy Birthday Brucie. Empty Happy Birthday Brucie. Thu Feb 22 2024, 09:49

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Happy birthday to the great man. Mr Entertainment!

2Happy Birthday Brucie. Empty Re: Happy Birthday Brucie. Thu Feb 22 2024, 11:27

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Happy birthday Brucie "Nice to see you, to see you nice!" :drinks:

3Happy Birthday Brucie. Empty Re: Happy Birthday Brucie. Thu Feb 22 2024, 11:47

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Have you spent all day watching Brucie clips on youtube by any chance?

4Happy Birthday Brucie. Empty Re: Happy Birthday Brucie. Thu Feb 22 2024, 12:07

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Have you spent all day watching Brucie clips on youtube by any chance?
Just part of a full day. Plus, I found this photo of me and my wonderful gran. She adored me, but I don't think she ever understood me.

Happy Birthday Brucie. Image-10

5Happy Birthday Brucie. Empty Re: Happy Birthday Brucie. Thu Feb 22 2024, 12:13

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Very Happy

6Happy Birthday Brucie. Empty Re: Happy Birthday Brucie. Thu Feb 22 2024, 12:43

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Happy birthday Bruce, hope you’ve done your morning exercises? 😁

7Happy Birthday Brucie. Empty Re: Happy Birthday Brucie. Thu Feb 22 2024, 12:54

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:
Norpig wrote:Have you spent all day watching Brucie clips on youtube by any chance?
Just part of a full day. Plus, I found this photo of me and my wonderful gran. She adored me, but I don't think she ever understood me.

Happy Birthday Brucie. Image-10

Which one are you?

8Happy Birthday Brucie. Empty Re: Happy Birthday Brucie. Thu Feb 22 2024, 12:54

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Laughing

9Happy Birthday Brucie. Empty Re: Happy Birthday Brucie. Thu Feb 22 2024, 12:57

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sluffy wrote:

Which one are you?
Well, really. Razz

10Happy Birthday Brucie. Empty Re: Happy Birthday Brucie. Thu Feb 22 2024, 15:54

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

The Generation game was the best of Bruce. You don't get that kind of TV anymore. Was funny how he took the absolute piss out of the contestants but in such a way that it wasn't offensive or cringy. I'm in your camp now Boncey, you don't know what you've got till it's gone. Legend was Brucie.

11Happy Birthday Brucie. Empty Re: Happy Birthday Brucie. Thu Feb 22 2024, 15:59

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

Happy Birthday Brucie. IMG_2446

12Happy Birthday Brucie. Empty Re: Happy Birthday Brucie. Thu Feb 22 2024, 15:59

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958

The perfect drink for you tonight bonce. Celebrate his birthday in style.

13Happy Birthday Brucie. Empty Re: Happy Birthday Brucie. Thu Feb 22 2024, 16:28

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:The perfect drink for you tonight bonce. Celebrate his birthday in style.
I've got a few bottles of Moosehead lager, so I'll demolish them in his honour tonight.Might even dig out the episode of Have I Got News For You, presented by Brucie in his own inimitable style.
A masterclass.

14Happy Birthday Brucie. Empty Re: Happy Birthday Brucie. Thu Feb 22 2024, 19:22

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bwfc1958 wrote:Happy Birthday Brucie. IMG_2446

Juice Forsyth, love it! Laughing

15Happy Birthday Brucie. Empty Re: Happy Birthday Brucie. Thu Feb 22 2024, 21:42

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

Juice Forsyth, love it! Laughing
This is no time for levity. Surprised

16Happy Birthday Brucie. Empty Re: Happy Birthday Brucie. Thu Feb 22 2024, 21:55

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I always watched the Generation game when it was hosted by Jim Davidson. Bruce Forsyth was always a good entertainer on Play Your Cards Right and The Price is Yours.

He was in a much better league than paedo Jimmy Saville who you just wouldn't leave your kids alone with!

I remember watching Jim'll fix it when I was a kid with him sat in a chair in his sports gear looking very chavvy with a cigar in his mouth.

I always thought there was something strange about him then.

It's a shame challenge tv doesn't show much with Brucie on these days as I wouldn't mind watching him for his simple entertainment value!

17Happy Birthday Brucie. Empty Re: Happy Birthday Brucie. Thu Feb 22 2024, 22:08

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:I always watched the Generation game when it was hosted by Jim Davidson. Bruce Forsyth was always a good entertainer on Play Your Cards Right and The Price is Yours.

He was in a much better league than paedo Jimmy Saville who you just wouldn't leave your kids alone with!

I remember watching Jim'll fix it when I was a kid with him sat in a chair in his sports gear looking very chavvy with a cigar in his mouth.

It's a shame challenge tv doesn't show much with Brucie on these days as I wouldn't mind watching him for his simple entertainment value!
Brucie started young and worked his socks off. All you need to get a game show now is a two week stint on some reality show and you're considered presenter material.
And to think, he was ready to pack it in and become a newsagent. Then he was offered Sunday Night At The London Palladium, and the rest is history.

18Happy Birthday Brucie. Empty Re: Happy Birthday Brucie. Thu Feb 22 2024, 22:21

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:I always watched the Generation game when it was hosted by Jim Davidson. Bruce Forsyth was always a good entertainer on Play Your Cards Right and The Price is Yours.

Brucie started young and worked his socks off. All you need to get a game show now is a two week stint on some reality show and you're considered presenter material.
And to think, he was ready to pack it in and become a newsagent. Then he was offered Sunday Night At The London Palladium, and the rest is history.

Yes and a lot of it is shit presenting from them. Just look at love island for example.

A little bit of luck can get you going as in Forsyths case.

I'm quite surprised he didn't start off as a red coat at Butlins or similar although I don't think they opened when he started out.

Wikipedia has him down as being recognised in the Guinness world record book for having the longest TV career for a male entertainer!

19Happy Birthday Brucie. Empty Re: Happy Birthday Brucie. Thu Feb 22 2024, 22:25

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

Yes and a lot of it is shit presenting from them. Just look at love island for example.

A little bit of luck can get you going as in Forsyths case.

I'm quite surprised he didn't start off as a red coat at Butlins or similar although I don't think they opened when he started out.

Wikipedia has him down as being recognised in the Guinness world record book for having the longest TV career for a male entertainer!
What a guy.

Happy Birthday Brucie. Dk-composite-brucie-1

20Happy Birthday Brucie. Empty Re: Happy Birthday Brucie. Thu Feb 22 2024, 22:28

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

boltonbonce wrote:And to think, he was ready to pack it in and become a newsagent. Then he was offered Sunday Night At The London Palladium, and the rest is history.

I'm old enough to remember him being on Sunday Night - in particular the 'Beat the Clock' feature -

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum