Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blackpool 4-1 Bolton

+5
Norpig
boltonbonce
karlypants
Bwfc1958
Cajunboy
9 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Empty Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Thu Feb 22 2024, 19:50

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Next up we have an away trip against Blackpool.
Thankfully we have Santos and Thomason back, hopefully this will help improve our defense!

Despite us all being unhappy with the results as of late, we are still 3rd in the form table.  Getting 12 points from the last 6 games.
Blackpool however are languishing pretty low in the form table, 16th with 8 points.  They are unbeaten at home in their last 6 games though.

I still fancy a victory here, 2-0.

2Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Empty Re: Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Fri Feb 23 2024, 09:12

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think we’ll win this one and by eck we’re well overdue one. Blackpool aren’t in the best of form currently and the fans are on Critchley back and not happy so this is the perfect time to increase their pain. Get an early goal and I can see the crowd really getting on the players backs, especially after losing to Posh and missing out on Wembley the other night. I’m not sure if Rico and George will go straight back in I have a feeling both will be on the bench and come on later to ready themselves for the Wigan match on Tuesday but either way it will be good to have them back in the fold. 🙂

3Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Empty Re: Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Sat Feb 24 2024, 13:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Radio Nuts is now live!

4Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Empty Re: Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Sat Feb 24 2024, 13:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

:COYW:

5Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Empty Re: Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Sat Feb 24 2024, 14:21

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

6Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Empty Re: Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Sat Feb 24 2024, 15:32

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

7Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Empty Re: Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Sat Feb 24 2024, 15:50

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Now losing 1-2 at half-time.

It's going  to be a struggle now to get three points.

8Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Empty Re: Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Sat Feb 24 2024, 16:54

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

9Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Empty Re: Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Sat Feb 24 2024, 17:13

Bwfc1958

Bwfc1958
Tinned Toms - You know it makes sense!

Annoying thing about that game is we could have been out of sight with the first half chances. Dacres Cogley and Mendes Gomes should both have scored. Yes the ref was crap but for their first goal we were stood around more bothered about moaning than getting set for the free kick. 

I hate to say it but the blame lays at Coleman's door for that third goal. Absolutely no reason to come out there for that ball that he had no chance of getting to. Wasn't the first time that half either. All he has to do is stay on his line and the whole episode doesn't happen.

On a positive note, Portsmouth failed to win, as did Derby so we are still well in it. Onwards and upwards hopefully, but we'll have to defend much better than that and take the pressure off by taking some of the clear chances.

10Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Empty Re: Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Sat Feb 24 2024, 17:29

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

A load of shit today. Glad I’ve gone out for a few in westhoughton!

11Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Empty Re: Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Sat Feb 24 2024, 18:03

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Shocking today. But that ref. I'm sure Barry Knight builds them in his garage.

12Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Empty Re: Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Sat Feb 24 2024, 22:50

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Clear penalty and sending off.

That's how I used to tackle back in the day but you can't go through the back of players anymore - and quite rightly too.

As for the result - there are three teams for the two automatic places - Portsmouth, who unless the wheels come off should end up being one of them and Derby and us.

We lost, so did Derby - so no harm done really.

We do though need to start winning again - and soon!

Anyway the highlights -

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

13Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Empty Re: Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Sat Feb 24 2024, 23:17

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think the penalty was one of the rare things he got right.

14Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Empty Re: Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Sun Feb 25 2024, 15:07

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Clearly didn't get the ball first then did he!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

15Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Empty Re: Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Sun Feb 25 2024, 17:00

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We can't complain about the pen, however bad the ref was. It was a pen.  Have to look at ourselves.

16Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Empty Re: Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Mon Feb 26 2024, 08:30

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Glad i was out drinking in Glossop all day Saturday. Signal there is rubbish so only found out after the final whistle.

Not looking forward to tomorrow night, we need a big reaction after Saturday.

17Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Empty Re: Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Mon Feb 26 2024, 17:45

Whitesince63

Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Actually Norpig I am looking forward to tomorrow. Despite the poor ref, the penalty and for me the incorrect red card which I hope to be rescinded, we actually played pretty well and had we taken any of our gilt edged chances it could have changed that game completely. That result just might have shocked the players into a performance at Wigan and if Dion is back and starting he might change things for the better and having seen that others can also miss sitters, it may restore his confidence. Who would partner him though? I really like Carlos up there, he gets into positions none of the others do and could turn out to be a cracking partner for Dion? Not sure where that leaves AC though because so far I’m not sure where I’d fit him in. ☹

18Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Empty Re: Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Mon Feb 26 2024, 18:43

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Why do you think it was an incorrect red card?

Even if it was a genuine attempt to get the ball - which I believe it was - Santos as the last man has still fouled a player in a clear goal scoring opportunity - which as I understand it is also an automatic red card.

19Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Empty Re: Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Mon Feb 26 2024, 20:42

BarrygoestoBolton

Nicky Hunt
Nicky Hunt

Rescinded, apparently. Rightly so. 
Not ‘serious foul play’ and double jeopardy should have applied.

20Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Empty Re: Blackpool 4-1 Bolton Mon Feb 26 2024, 20:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

BarrygoestoBolton wrote:Rescinded, apparently. Rightly so. 
Not ‘serious foul play’ and double jeopardy should have applied.

Fair enough, and thanks for the good news.

DENYING A GOAL OR AN OBVIOUS GOAL-SCORING OPPORTUNITY (DOGSO)
Where a player commits an offence against an opponent within their own penalty area which denies an opponent an obvious goal-scoring opportunity and the referee awards a penalty kick, the offender is cautioned if the offence was an attempt to play the ball or a challenge for the ball; in all other circumstances (e.g. holding, pulling, pushing, no possibility to play the ball etc.), the offending player must be sent off.

Where a player denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity by a handball offence, the player is sent off wherever the offence occurs (except a goalkeeper within their penalty area).

A player, sent-off player, substitute or substituted player who enters the field of play without the required referee's permission and interferes with play or an opponent and denies the opposing team a goal or an obvious goal-scoring opportunity is guilty of a sending-off offence.

The following must be considered:

distance between the offence and the goal
general direction of the play
likelihood of keeping or gaining control of the ball
location and number of defenders

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

I wasn't aware that different types of foul have different types of tariffs in the event of an infringement in the penalty area.

So in simple words a referee can not give a penalty AND also a sending off for a foul resulting from genuine attempt to win the ball. (that being the double jeopardy bit).

You would have hoped that a referee even at third tier level should have known that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum