Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Last 9 games of the season!

+5
Sluffy
boltonbonce
Cajunboy
Hipster_Nebula
wanderlust
9 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Last 9 games of the season! Empty Last 9 games of the season! Sat Mar 09 2024, 18:05

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

March

Tue 12 - Oxford United (H)
Sat 16 - Derby County (A)
Fri 29 - Stevenage (A)

April

Mon 1 - Reading (H)
Sat 6 - Bristol Rovers (A)
Sat 13 - Portsmouth (H)
Tue 16 - Shrewsbury Town (H)
Sat 20 - Port Vale (H)
Sat 27 - Peterborough United (A)

How will we do?

2Last 9 games of the season! Empty Re: Last 9 games of the season! Sat Mar 09 2024, 19:31

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

play-offs beckon as we won't beat Derby, Portsmouth or Peterborough. Not confident in us getting up through the play-off either as we always seem to wilt in big games.

3Last 9 games of the season! Empty Re: Last 9 games of the season! Sat Mar 09 2024, 20:05

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Entirely unpredictable. Look at Barnsley's result today. It would help if we could get Charles and co. back

4Last 9 games of the season! Empty Re: Last 9 games of the season! Sat Mar 09 2024, 23:00

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I feel that the whole season is now riding on us beating Derby next weekend. If we can do that then it’s still in our hands to throw away but if we lose then we can kiss goodbye to going up as we won’t get through the playoffs just like last season.

We have a very good chance of winning against Reading, Bristol, Shrewsbury, possibly Port Vale. Draw against Oxford and Portsmouth. Not sure about the rest. We still have a chance to get up.

I still feel we need a new manager. Evatt doesn’t seem to be sorting the inconsistencies out at all and is making excuses for it. His transfer window mostly have proven not to be good enough either.

Results matter and we are in our 4th year of the 3 year plan to get back up to the championship.

If Evatt doesn’t get the club up by the end of the season then he should be for the chop and a new manager brought in although I don’t think Sharon and co have got a pot with some funds in that can be made available in that case.

I’m actually in the mind frame that Evatt wouldn’t be able to do a good job in the championship and it would be above his level.

5Last 9 games of the season! Empty Re: Last 9 games of the season! Mon Mar 11 2024, 15:04

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Every game is a must win from here on in, but Derby, Posh and Stevenage are key. Pompey would be good but that's icing on the cake. That said. no point in winning those if we then lose to one of the other teams.
We've been lucky that only Pompey have taken advantage of our slide so far but I can't see the others dropping too many more points from here on in.
Got to do a lot better than our last 5 games - 5 points from 15 available FFS.

6Last 9 games of the season! Empty Re: Last 9 games of the season! Thu Mar 14 2024, 17:59

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We will limp into the playoffs but who knows after that. Surely we will be favourites but that means bugger all as we know.

7Last 9 games of the season! Empty Re: Last 9 games of the season! Thu Mar 14 2024, 18:25

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I really dread the play-offs. The players won’t be up to it and they will be fatigued from the season as it is. :shit:

8Last 9 games of the season! Empty Re: Last 9 games of the season! Thu Mar 14 2024, 18:47

Cajunboy

Cajunboy
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

I keep having this horrible nightmare.

Blackpool in the final.

9Last 9 games of the season! Empty Re: Last 9 games of the season! Thu Mar 14 2024, 19:18

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Cajunboy wrote:I keep having this horrible nightmare.

Blackpool in the final.
And we lose 4-3. Shocked

10Last 9 games of the season! Empty Re: Last 9 games of the season! Thu Mar 14 2024, 19:23

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
Cajunboy wrote:I keep having this horrible nightmare.

Blackpool in the final.
And we lose 4-3. Shocked

Jesus Christ guys! :Overreact:

11Last 9 games of the season! Empty Re: Last 9 games of the season! Thu Mar 14 2024, 19:26

boltonbonce

boltonbonce
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

karlypants wrote:

Don't worry KP. My glass is more than half full. We'll beat Derby, and power on to the end. cheers

12Last 9 games of the season! Empty Re: Last 9 games of the season! Thu Mar 14 2024, 20:17

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

13Last 9 games of the season! Empty Re: Last 9 games of the season! Thu Mar 14 2024, 20:37

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

boltonbonce wrote:
karlypants wrote:

Don't worry KP. My glass is more than half full. We'll beat Derby, and power on to the end. cheers

I hope you are right Bonce! Very Happy

14Last 9 games of the season! Empty Re: Last 9 games of the season! Fri Mar 15 2024, 04:17

finlaymcdanger

finlaymcdanger
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

March
Sat 16 - Derby County (A) L
Fri 29 - Stevenage (A) D

April
Mon 1 - Reading (H) W
Sat 6 - Bristol Rovers (A) D
Sat 13 - Portsmouth (H) D
Tue 16 - Shrewsbury Town (H) W
Sat 20 - Port Vale (H) W
Sat 27 - Peterborough United (A) L

15Last 9 games of the season! Empty Re: Last 9 games of the season! Fri Mar 15 2024, 09:31

okocha

okocha
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We are capable of beating all those teams if we play as well as we did against Oxford, but obviously injuries, bans, refereeing decisions, playing conditions, luck etc all play a part. The teams I'm most wary of are the very physical ones.....

16Last 9 games of the season! Empty Re: Last 9 games of the season! Mon Mar 18 2024, 08:33

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Destined for the play-offs now so need to make sure we don't slip lower than third. Going to be tough though as Peterborough and Barnsley are breathing down our necks now.

Last edited by Norpig on Mon Mar 18 2024, 08:45; edited 1 time in total

17Last 9 games of the season! Empty Re: Last 9 games of the season! Mon Mar 18 2024, 08:35

karlypants

karlypants
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Destined for the play-offs now so need to make sure we don't slip lower than third. Going to be tough though as Peterborough ans Barnsley are breathing down our necks now.

As Evatt has said, nothing to worry about! Rolling Eyes Very Happy

18Last 9 games of the season! Empty Re: Last 9 games of the season! Fri Mar 22 2024, 12:40

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Think Truro City's schedule is worse than ours!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum