Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Overrated Managers

+6
Reebok Trotter
terenceanne
Mr Magoo
Sgt. Bash
BoltonTillIDie
xmiles
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Overrated Managers Empty Overrated Managers Sun Dec 02 2012, 22:48

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

I would nominate Benitez. I laughed when I heard he had got the Chelsea job.

Runner up Hughes.

Special prize Coyle.

2Overrated Managers Empty Re: Overrated Managers Sun Dec 02 2012, 22:49

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wouldn't say Benitez is overated - He won the Champions League.

3Overrated Managers Empty Re: Overrated Managers Sun Dec 02 2012, 22:52

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Mark Hughes by a considerable distance.

Arrogant +Vv@

4Overrated Managers Empty Re: Overrated Managers Sun Dec 02 2012, 23:02

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

BoltonTillIDie wrote:I wouldn't say Benitez is overated - He won the Champions League.

I should probably clarify as I don't deny Benitez has had real success in the past. What I am really looking at is current managers and I just think Benitez no longer has what it takes to succeed (and of course he has that Russian nutter to deal with as well). If I was looking at managers over time how could I not include Sammy Lee and Bryan Robson?

5Overrated Managers Empty Re: Overrated Managers Mon Dec 03 2012, 00:06

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

DF, mark my word's.

6Overrated Managers Empty Re: Overrated Managers Mon Dec 03 2012, 02:44

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Agree on Hughes ...nasty bastard to boot......loved it when QPR lost.

I'm not a fan of Rednapp either.

Sir Alex ??? great manager but had more money to spend than most for many years.

I think Martinez at Wigan is by far the best manager...doing it with no budget. Like Wengers approach but think it's time to move on.

7Overrated Managers Empty Re: Overrated Managers Mon Dec 03 2012, 11:43

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Mr Magoo wrote:DF, mark my word's.

I'll remember your comment when we get to the play-offs! I know it's early day but I have a good long term feeling about DF. He reminds me of a young Fergie.

8Overrated Managers Empty Re: Overrated Managers Mon Dec 03 2012, 12:28

terenceanne wrote:Agree on Hughes ...nasty bastard to boot......loved it when QPR lost.

I'm not a fan of Rednapp either.

Sir Alex ??? great manager but had more money to spend than most for many years.

I think Martinez at Wigan is by far the best manager...doing it with no budget. Like Wengers approach but think it's time to move on.

Don't think anyone can seriously question Sir Alex considering the success he's delivered, the money is irrelevant when you consider how many great teams he's built against a number of different rivals.

Do you really think Martinez is the best manager in the premier league?

Personally I'm not a fan of Mancini, why change the best defence in the league from last year? Why not start Tevez and Aguero every game? Why not play Yaya Toure where he's most effective? I just don't get it, did a pretty good job last year (they came very close to blowing that big lead they had on United) but he's lost his head this year IMO.

9Overrated Managers Empty Re: Overrated Managers Mon Dec 03 2012, 12:29

Having said that he's still unbeaten in the league so must be doing something right!

10Overrated Managers Empty Re: Overrated Managers Mon Dec 03 2012, 12:37

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Sir Alex is the greatest manager to ever have lived IMO, as much as I hate United you can't help but admire what he's done there.

Personally I think brendon rodgers is overrated, he took over a swansea side which Martinez started to build playing very nice football in the championship and thankfully Paulo Souza didn't have long enough time there to cock it all up before Rodgers came in.

11Overrated Managers Empty Re: Overrated Managers Mon Dec 03 2012, 12:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Sir Alex overrated? :wtf2:

I get the obvious dislike for him but come on.

All the managers on the merry go round are overrated to an extent because they keep picking up jobs. I couldn't believe the praise McCleish was getting when he was making Villa into the most boring team in world football and losing games "ahhh good manager though" - No. Horrific.

I really do think if anything David Moyes is underrated, i hope he gets his chance at a "big" club, possibly UTD?

12Overrated Managers Empty Re: Overrated Managers Mon Dec 03 2012, 12:57

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Moyes has worked miracles at Everton on a limited budget. I could see him going to Old Trafford in the future.

13Overrated Managers Empty Re: Overrated Managers Mon Dec 03 2012, 23:57

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

aaron_bwfc wrote:

Personally I think brendon rodgers is overrated, he took over a swansea side which Martinez started to build playing very nice football in the championship and thankfully Paulo Souza didn't have long enough time there to cock it all up before Rodgers came in.

I agree with that. I thought at the time that Rodgers getting the Liverpool job after one season in the prem was utter madness.

Did averagely at Watford, poorly at Reading and then two good seasons at Swansea got him the Liverpool job!

A decent manager, but hes lucky to get that job.

14Overrated Managers Empty Re: Overrated Managers Tue Dec 04 2012, 07:56

Pep Guardiola, as Vilanova is proving, management is easy when you have Messi.

Brendan Rodgers, turns out Swansea were underachieving under him.

15Overrated Managers Empty Re: Overrated Managers Wed Dec 05 2012, 01:52

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Alan curbishley - he overrates himself, how many job has he turned down that he deems not good enough.. Even rejected us. He won't be offered better the arrogant cunt.

16Overrated Managers Empty Re: Overrated Managers Wed Dec 05 2012, 03:23

terenceanne

terenceanne
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Martinez started the Swansea revival ....moved on to make Wigan an attractive side...he has a very good eye for talent with zero budget.

Sir Alex has a record second to non .... however when you can dump a Berbatov and bring in a Van Persie etc...how hard is it really to put together a winning team. He's a good one for sure but has tremedous advantages not avaliable to most.

Moyers is good .....same reasons......no budget and an eye for talent.

Mancini ??? not sure about him. More money than Jesus but somat is missing for me.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum