Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Starbucks

+8
rammywhite
bwfc71
BoltonTillIDie
Soul Kitchen
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
Reebok Trotter
doffcocker
12 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Starbucks - Page 2 Empty Re: Starbucks Tue Dec 04 2012, 15:29

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:What apps and music can you get for free on Android that you pay for on IOS?

Lots...

look at google play (androids app store) for the top 100 free apps - then check out itunes for the exact same app - 90% will cost you.

Also, if you want to put music on but its stored in wma format (windows media) your buggered - as apple hates windows so much it wont allow you to run any files that Microsoft have even ever considered looking at.

they to bluetooth a picture or song to or from an iphone to any other phone - nope, fucked it there as well.

apple products are engineered to make you spend more and more money...

Android is open source and can even be re-written if you want too, it can be engineered to work with anything.

im not saying iphones are shit - they are not, but they sell to well due to the fact they are trendy. you can get a phone with MUCH better spec running an android OS that wont cost a bomb to 'run' ...

Of course that's only my opinion...

Last edited by Reebok_Rebel on Tue Dec 04 2012, 15:32; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to prevent hipster pouncing on the slightest detail - im preventing him getting wankers cramp.... ;))

22Starbucks - Page 2 Empty Re: Starbucks Tue Dec 04 2012, 16:15

I think this shows the difference in thinking.
For techies Android probably is better, for all the reasons you say above and the ability to use flash player on it. For me my iphone does exactly what I want it to do, and very well. I like the ipod element, I like using the internet, downloading apps, taking photos and generally fucking about on it. Plus it looks good and feels solid, my friends got the Sony Xperia, the buttons on that piss me right off no trouble with iphones controls, the touch screen is excellent.

23Starbucks - Page 2 Empty Re: Starbucks Tue Dec 04 2012, 16:51

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:What apps and music can you get for free on Android that you pay for on IOS?

Lots...

look at google play (androids app store) for the top 100 free apps - then check out itunes for the exact same app - 90% will cost you.

Also, if you want to put music on but its stored in wma format (windows media) your buggered - as apple hates windows so much it wont allow you to run any files that Microsoft have even ever considered looking at.

they to bluetooth a picture or song to or from an iphone to any other phone - nope, fucked it there as well.

Android is open source and can even be re-written if you want too, it can be engineered to work with anything.

im not saying iphones are shit - they are not, but they sell to well due to the fact they are trendy. you can get a phone with MUCH better spec running an android OS that wont cost a bomb to 'run' ...

what apps though?

I'm looking at the google play store top free and none of them are paid on IOS.

The top 5 apps on Android are facebook, whatsapp, Skype, Angry birds, ebay, and BBC player.

24Starbucks - Page 2 Empty Re: Starbucks Tue Dec 04 2012, 17:03

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

Lots...

what apps though?

I'm looking at the google play store top free and none of them are paid on IOS.

The top 5 apps on Android are facebook, whatsapp, Skype, Angry birds, ebay, and BBC player.

hmm, maybe apple have realised that people wont pay though the nose or will jailbreak phones anyway now.

I do know Angry Birds was £3 on the app store at one point...

25Starbucks - Page 2 Empty Re: Starbucks Tue Dec 04 2012, 17:17

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I had the original Angry Birds on my 3GS and it was free.

They do do multiple versions of most apps where you pay a small price to remove the ads.

but thats the same on both platforms.

I think you're misinformed with this info tbh.

26Starbucks - Page 2 Empty Re: Starbucks Tue Dec 04 2012, 19:12

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Soul Kitchen wrote: seen it all my life, music, football, clothes,....................................

Don't get started on music again!! Smile

One of my hobbies, why not?

27Starbucks - Page 2 Empty Re: Starbucks Thu Dec 06 2012, 18:48

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The bad publicity has obviously had the desired effect. Over the last eight and a half years Starbucks have paid roughly two and a half million £'s in corporation tax.

They have now stated that they will pay £10 million per year over the next two years!

28Starbucks - Page 2 Empty Re: Starbucks Thu Dec 06 2012, 19:06

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Big difference! If all the companies who were doing this did something similar, it would help our economy so much more.

29Starbucks - Page 2 Empty Re: Starbucks Thu Dec 06 2012, 19:54

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Amazon and Google will have to put their hands in their pockets as well. It's hard to believe that a massive organisation like HMRC only have seven full time solicitors in their legal team.

30Starbucks - Page 2 Empty Re: Starbucks Thu Dec 06 2012, 21:34

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

BoltonTillIDie wrote:Big difference! If all the companies who were doing this did something similar, it would help our economy so much more.

Hardly

We are borrowing £120bn a year

£10m here and there is nowt

Only cutting spending can hit the mark

31Starbucks - Page 2 Empty Re: Starbucks Thu Dec 06 2012, 22:28

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Just realised that my previous post would have been more appropriate in the exciting prospect post..... How do I transfer it? Embarassed

32Starbucks - Page 2 Empty Re: Starbucks Thu Dec 06 2012, 22:44

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I have moved it Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum