Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

"Prank Call" Nurse takes own life.

+9
Bolton Nuts
BoltonTillIDie
Bernard Dennis Park
aaron_bwfc
Natasha Whittam
Reebok Trotter
Sluffy
Keegan
Hipster_Nebula
13 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Not the time and place.

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

The Aussies haven't done anything wrong imo. It was a joke which I doubt anyone thought could result in someone killing themselves.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The Aussie pranksters couldn't have known the outcome of their jolly jape. Had they known of the consequences then this would never have happened. There are no winners in this case, unfortunately.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote: There are no winners in this case, unfortunately.

I suspect the radio station hasn't done badly out of it.

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

They were milking it until the repercussions. It is so sad that someone who dedicated her life to caring for others had to end her life in this way. She must have been in a pretty horrible place.

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I find it a but sad the nurse decided to end her life over something as petty as this, feel bad for her kids too. Bit the DJs fault in my opinion, they was only having a laugh. I'm sure if they knew what would have happened they wouldn't have done it.

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Obviously I haven't a clue about the woman's life but I think this was probably the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak rather than the sole reason she committed suicide.

I'm guessing she must have had other things on her mind and this just tipped her over. It seems that the hospital were not taking any action against her - so her job was safe - but she clearly wasn't thinking clearly anymore.

The DJ's were just having a laugh - can't see any malice in what they did and no doubt they've been taken off the air for everybody's good whilst things are so emotional.

A very sad episode indeed and one that simply wasn't worth the price that was ultimately paid.

Bolton Nuts

Admin

I had just gone on t'internet with the thought... "oh, I haven't listened to that prank call yet, bet it's pretty funny - stupid Royals."

Then, when I went on MSN there was the headline about the tragic nurse. Almost needless to say I decided it would be in poor taste to listen to the recording after that. It is a tragic, sad story. I could not believe what I was reading. I feel sorry for the woman for whatever drover her to that - but more for her kids.

It would be wrong of me to condemn the dj's involved though because it was just a simple prank - the sort of prank pulled off on the radio daily. They are probably more gutted than any of us.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Just been having a chat about this with someone and I agree with Sluffy on his first sentence. I can't see this being the sole reason to what happened, I imagine she got bollocked from her manager and other colleagues over it and it's got out of hand.

Sadly with horrible outcome.

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Sad turn of events for the nurse. Feel sorry for the family that she has left behind. For me there is no malice from the DJ's - Steve Penk used to pull pranks like that on a daily basis on Key103.

But as a result of whats happened the radio station has had 2 major advertisers walk away and the owner has decided to pull all advertsising for the next few days. The DJ's involved have been pulled from the airwaves and may not be back due to having too many investigations against them by the Australian version of Ofcom which have been upheld - so, yep, the radio station has been hit badly.

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I think it's sad for all involved here. Obviously very sad the nurse took her own life and awful for her family. But I can't believe anyone would take their own life for being hoaxed on the telephone. I think it's pretty sad for the two Aussie radio hosts, their career's are in tatters and they are public hate figures - simply because of a radio hoax - which are commonplace on radio. What is happening to the world? Is no one allowed to do a prank any more in case the person on the end of the prank is so fragile that they may kill themselves?
It is just ridiculous she took her own life, it was an innocent mistake her falling for this. What a shame all round.

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Michael Bolton wrote:I think it's sad for all involved here. Obviously very sad the nurse took her own life and awful for her family. But I can't believe anyone would take their own life for being hoaxed on the telephone. I think it's pretty sad for the two Aussie radio hosts, their career's are in tatters and they are public hate figures - simply because of a radio hoax - which are commonplace on radio. What is happening to the world? Is no one allowed to do a prank any more in case the person on the end of the prank is so fragile that they may kill themselves?
It is just ridiculous she took her own life, it was an innocent mistake her falling for this. What a shame all round.

Sums up my feelings.

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Sick, really uncalled for comments.

Undoubtedly will remain because it's the mods favourite posting them.

Sick of it.

You bully me a lot with your comments, if I went home and toped myself would you feel guilty for the rest of your life?

we wouldn't know

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lyric Todkill wrote:

we wouldn't know

Don't be silly, it would be like the day Princess Diana was killed on the various Bolton forums.

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Lyric Todkill wrote:

we wouldn't know

Don't be silly, it would be like the day Princess Diana was killed on the various Bolton forums.

How would we be advised?

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

It just gets better and better.

According to the BBC "Scotland Yard has been in touch with Australian police" and "DJs Mel Greig and Michael Christian are on indefinite leave. The pair are said to be in a fragile condition and receiving "intense counselling", because of the hostile reaction to their prank".

Yes it is a tragedy for the nurse and her family but this is massive overreaction.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lyric Todkill wrote:

How would we be advised?

I have left instructions with my Solicitor to advise sluffy if I die.

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

xmiles wrote:

Yes it is a tragedy for the nurse and her family but this is massive overreaction.

Very true. The UK media has turned it into a UK v Aussie battle, and the hospital has made it worse by making a formal complaint to the radio station.

They should be more concerned that they have employed someone so fragile. Imagine if I'd had my tits done there!

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I've just read that the aussie dj's are on suicide watch now Laughing.

Lyric Todkill

Lyric Todkill
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Lyric Todkill wrote:

How would we be advised?

I have left instructions with my Solicitor to advise sluffy if I die.

You will die, that's a cert

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum