Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Is it Rape? (again)

+3
Hipster_Nebula
Natasha Whittam
jayjay23
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Is it Rape? (again) Empty Is it Rape? (again) Tue Dec 11 2012, 11:26

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-london-20665371

A film director raped a woman while she was sleeping in his central London flat, a court has heard.

Reg Traviss, 35, - boyfriend of the late Amy Winehouse - attacked the woman early on 31 December 2011, Southwark Crown Court heard.

The prosecution said she twice fell asleep at his flat in Marylebone High Street, to wake up with him raping her.

Mr Traviss denies two counts of rape against the woman, who had been too drunk to stand, the court heard.

The defendant was Winehouse's boyfriend at the time she died, in July 2011.

He had been with the woman, and a friend, at three bars in London, on 30 December last year before going to his home.

Sharp pain
Kate Lumsdon, prosecuting, said the complainant remembered Mr Traviss asking if she wanted to stay at his and she assumed she had said yes.

She said: "His asking that question was the last thing she remembers that evening until woken in his bed because of a sharp pain."

Continue reading the main story

Start Quote

I couldn't understand if it was happening or a bad dream and I just passed out”

The complainant
The prosecutor told the jury the victim realised Mr Traviss was raping her.

"She asked what he was doing and told him to stop," Miss Lumsdon said.

"He stopped. She was very shocked. He offered her a drink.

"She accepted and remembers it was more alcohol, wine."

Miss Lumsdon said the complainant felt extremely weak and suffered from a blood sugar level condition.

She said the accused asked if she wanted to go back to sleep, which she did, but woke up to find him raping her again.

Giving evidence, the woman said she had known Mr Traviss for some time and six weeks before the incident he appeared "shattered" after his singer girlfriend's death.

She said she decided to go back into the bed after the first alleged attack because she trusted him.

About the second alleged rape she said: "I had this blurry understanding of what was happening and I couldn't understand if it was happening or a bad dream and I just passed out.

"I can't understand how somebody so nice and gentlemanly could do something like that."

The jury heard the complainant went out with friends the following night, New Year's Eve, and then went away to New York, but waited almost three weeks before reporting Mr Traviss to police.

The film director told the police they were both very drunk and the sex was consensual and they had parted with a "big cuddle and a kiss", the jury heard.

The trial continues.

If she was really that drunk how can she remember what happened really? And in his defence, what if he was also that drunk. If her action or inaction is defensible by being drunk, does the same not apply to him?

2Is it Rape? (again) Empty Re: Is it Rape? (again) Tue Dec 11 2012, 11:45

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's not rape, just a case of "silly bint syndrome".

3Is it Rape? (again) Empty Re: Is it Rape? (again) Tue Dec 11 2012, 11:52

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Again, what sort of gent would want to have sex with an unconscious woman?

4Is it Rape? (again) Empty Re: Is it Rape? (again) Tue Dec 11 2012, 11:53

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Jesus!

I agree with Natasha for once...

the problem is, If a woman sleeps with a man, drunk or not and regrets it later on or has an argument with the lad involved... she can go to the police and cry rape.

The lad (in the above hypothetical statement) will be innocent, but chances are he will be charged with it, the local paper will name and shame him, he may lose his job and his name is blackened forever...

he will suffer a trial and if found guilty will do 5 years inside.

If found not guilty... the police or papers wont apologise and clear the guys name, he wont get his job back and he will forever be known as a rapist.

in the cases of 'fake' rape claims, I feel the punishment should be the same punishment that the man would have got had he raped her...

5Is it Rape? (again) Empty Re: Is it Rape? (again) Tue Dec 11 2012, 11:53

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Again, what sort of gent would want to have sex with an unconscious woman?

Try putting it into Google and you'll get your answer.

6Is it Rape? (again) Empty Re: Is it Rape? (again) Tue Dec 11 2012, 11:54

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Again, what sort of gent would want to have sex with an unconscious woman?

I know, Necrophilia is one thing, but somebody unconscious could wake up! leading to a conviction for rape!

its just much to risky...

7Is it Rape? (again) Empty Re: Is it Rape? (again) Tue Dec 11 2012, 11:56

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well assuming she is telling the truth and she passed out, I ask again, what sort of man would want to have sex with an unconscious woman?

And at any rate, she's hardly in a position to consent when she "can't stand."

8Is it Rape? (again) Empty Re: Is it Rape? (again) Tue Dec 11 2012, 12:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:I ask again, what sort of man would want to have sex with an unconscious woman?

Perhaps it was all he could get. Question for you Hipster. You can either have sex with an unconcious Shannyn Sossamon or a fully conscious me. Who would you choose?

9Is it Rape? (again) Empty Re: Is it Rape? (again) Tue Dec 11 2012, 12:11

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Serious debate reduced to stupid scenarios isn't really answering my questions.

I don't care if "it's all u can get" What sort of man wants to put it in a cadavar for all intents and purposes.

I'm sure for most rapists it's "all they can get" but i doubt that will hold up in court.

10Is it Rape? (again) Empty Re: Is it Rape? (again) Tue Dec 11 2012, 12:12

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Well assuming she is telling the truth and she passed out, I ask again, what sort of man would want to have sex with an unconscious woman?

And at any rate, she's hardly in a position to consent when she "can't stand."

she is coherent enough to take a drink of him though...

11Is it Rape? (again) Empty Re: Is it Rape? (again) Tue Dec 11 2012, 12:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Does that mean she deserves to be raped because she accepted a few free drinks?

12Is it Rape? (again) Empty Re: Is it Rape? (again) Tue Dec 11 2012, 12:13

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Serious debate reduced to stupid scenarios isn't really answering my questions.

I don't care if "it's all u can get" What sort of man wants to put it in a cadavar for all intents and purposes.

I'm sure for most rapists it's "all they can get" but i doubt that will hold up in court.

I'm making a point Hipster, a lot of men would rather shag a fit unconscious woman than a conscious dog.

13Is it Rape? (again) Empty Re: Is it Rape? (again) Tue Dec 11 2012, 12:16

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Serious debate reduced to stupid scenarios isn't really answering my questions.

I'm making a point Hipster, a lot of men would rather shag a fit unconscious woman than a conscious dog.

scratch right, ok.

14Is it Rape? (again) Empty Re: Is it Rape? (again) Tue Dec 11 2012, 12:20

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:Does that mean she deserves to be raped because she accepted a few free drinks?

Does it fuck - and you know that's not what I mean.

but somebody who claims to be unconscious shouldn't be stable enough to pick up a glass and drink from it...

15Is it Rape? (again) Empty Re: Is it Rape? (again) Tue Dec 11 2012, 12:23

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok_Rebel wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:Does that mean she deserves to be raped because she accepted a few free drinks?

but somebody who claims to be unconscious shouldn't be stable enough to pick up a glass and drink from it...

well she claims to have regained consciousness and he offered her a drink which she took.

taking her at her word, i still don't understand why that makes the rape ok.

and obviously I'm just going off that small article above.

16Is it Rape? (again) Empty Re: Is it Rape? (again) Tue Dec 11 2012, 12:32

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Hipster_Nebula wrote:
Reebok_Rebel wrote:

well she claims to have regained consciousness and he offered her a drink which she took.

taking her at her word, i still don't understand why that makes the rape ok.

and obviously I'm just going off that small article above.

so... she magically regained conciousness to have another drink, then voluntarily went to his bed a SECOND time... then amazingly ...became unconscious AGAIN... and was raped!

she also dont remember too much, but definitely remembers being raped...

lets hang the dirty bastard!

17Is it Rape? (again) Empty Re: Is it Rape? (again) Tue Dec 11 2012, 12:37

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Well if she didn't regain consciousness she'd be dead or in a coma, so it's not magic.

And as I'm sure you're aware people who have drunk copious amounts of alcohol are often not in control of their own actions.

Even though i don't think it's too smart drinking until you can't stand, that doesn't mean you deserve to be raped or taken advantage of.

I don't know the ins and outs of this story, but i don't like the way this whole rape thing seems to be going the way of blaming the women.

we saw it with the Ched Evans case, a girl who was raped (he was convicted) and a witch hunt was conducted against her because she was the victim of rape?

Don't understand it.

18Is it Rape? (again) Empty Re: Is it Rape? (again) Tue Dec 11 2012, 12:43

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I don't know the ins and outs of this story, but i don't like the way this whole rape thing seems to be going the way of blaming the women.

we saw it with the Ched Evans case, a girl who was raped (he was convicted) and a witch hunt was conducted against her because she was the victim of rape?

Don't understand it.

I don't think it's blaming the woman as such, but I do think the law should be moving towards women having more sense.

I'm sure we all agree that if a stanger jumps a woman in the park and rapes her in the bushes then that's terrible and the rapist deserves to have his willy chopped off.

But we need to get in the real world, if a woman agrees to go back to a bloke's room or house then that is sending the green light that sex is on the agenda. I agree it's not right, but for every true rape victim in this situation there will be 10 who knew full well they were getting sex and then changed their mind AFTER the event for whatever reason.

Women should stop being so stupid, it's bints like this one that make it more difficult for real rape victims to be heard.

19Is it Rape? (again) Empty Re: Is it Rape? (again) Tue Dec 11 2012, 12:45

Reebok_Rebel

Reebok_Rebel
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Don't understand it.

I don't think it's blaming the woman as such, but I do think the law should be moving towards women having more sense.

I'm sure we all agree that if a stanger jumps a woman in the park and rapes her in the bushes then that's terrible and the rapist deserves to have his willy chopped off.

But we need to get in the real world, if a woman agrees to go back to a bloke's room or house then that is sending the green light that sex is on the agenda. I agree it's not right, but for every true rape victim in this situation there will be 10 who knew full well they were getting sex and then changed their mind AFTER the event for whatever reason.

Women should stop being so stupid, it's bints like this one that make it more difficult for real rape victims to be heard.

Is it Rape? (again) 459784477

20Is it Rape? (again) Empty Re: Is it Rape? (again) Tue Dec 11 2012, 12:54

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Hipster_Nebula wrote:

Don't understand it.

Like i said, i agree that drinking to such excess is silly but again, what sort of man wants to have sex with a barely conscious, slurring body, or a fully unconscious female. Absolutely baffling.

And yes I'm sure there are cases of stupid girls regretting a one night stand but that doesn't mean there should be a witch hunt against girls who suffer rape.

I don't know the ins and outs of this case so it's ridiculous to call this girl a "silly bint" until we do.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum