Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

2 kids shoot 77 year old in head at hospital!

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-birmingham-20724707

What is wrong with kids these days?

Two 13-year-old boys have been arrested on suspicion of shooting a pensioner in the head at a hospital.

The 77-year-old victim was shot as she walked across Wolverhampton's New Cross Hospital car park on Thursday at about 13:20 GMT, police said.

A pellet was removed by hospital staff who later discharged the woman.

Another person was hit by a pellet but not injured. The two boys were arrested on suspicion of assault and an air rifle was seized by officers.

The teenagers have been released on bail pending further inquiries.

'Indiscriminate attack'
The second person struck by a pellet was a 25-year-old member of hospital staff. Shots were also fired at a nearby bus shelter.

Ch Insp Darren Walsh from West Midlands Police said: "This was a random and indiscriminate attack on visitors to a busy hospital, somewhere people should feel particularly safe and secure.

"My thoughts are with the elderly lady who happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time yesterday.

"I hope she makes a speedy recovery.

"I know people are going to be shocked by what has happened but this is being treated as a one-off incident.

"I hope visitors to the hospital are reassured that two people have been arrested and a weapon has been seized."

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum