Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Freedman has landed!

+3
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
Bolton Nuts
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Freedman has landed! Empty The Freedman has landed! Sat Dec 22 2012, 13:06

Bolton Nuts

Admin

DOUGIE Freedman is determined to stick to the passing philosophy he believes will bring success to Wanderers.

The Scot takes his team to Peterborough today looking for a second successive win and a fourth of his tenure after last weekend’s 2-0 home triumph over Charlton.

That was a result that required patience and a confidence to stick with a gameplan to continue playing the passing game.

And Freedman wants his team to retain the belief that maintaining the principles he has put in place will reap rewards.

He also hopes that the faithful Whites fans will show the same patience as his squad so everyone can enjoy that success as a club.

Freedman said: “This is what I want spreading through the team, the players, the fans and the club.

“It’s something I think that will progress the players and then, as a result, the team gets better.

“Maybe it is just different (for the fans), a different amount of possession we’re having or the amount we are passing the ball, I don’t know.

“Bolton is a great club that has a terrific history, and I’m hoping they can see a bit more on Saturday afternoons.

“It won’t happen every week but I’d like to think there is a structure put in place now that shows you the way I like to play the game.”

From BEN

The only thing that bothers me is the the new boss is having to pander to idiot fans and ask for patience while we pass the ball! I am fuming that Bolton fans are giving the manager the impression that we are all numskulls who just want to see the big hoof every week! Seething in fact.

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2The Freedman has landed! Empty Re: The Freedman has landed! Sat Dec 22 2012, 13:13

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If we passed it all day long, they'd want more direct football, if we went direct, they'd want the sexy football.

a clean sheet isn't good, a draw isn't good, the way we score goals isn't good enough, wins have been bemoaned.

it is what it is.

3The Freedman has landed! Empty Re: The Freedman has landed! Sat Dec 22 2012, 13:27

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The moronic fans will take longer than the rest of us to realise that DF knows what he's doing. It's going to take a while to change the whole mentality of the club and those fans with half a brain will eventually come round.

4The Freedman has landed! Empty Re: The Freedman has landed! Sat Dec 22 2012, 13:33

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

He takes charge of his 100th game as a manager today

5The Freedman has landed! Empty Re: The Freedman has landed! Sat Dec 22 2012, 14:48

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:The moronic fans will take longer than the rest of us to realise that DF knows what he's doing.

Sordell might have 15 goals right now if he'd played every game. No one knows.

So these idiots making out Freedman is the new messiah are laughable - you base your opinion on facts. The facts are Freedman has done better than Coyle, but we're not much closer to the play-offs than the day Coyle was sacked.

6The Freedman has landed! Empty Re: The Freedman has landed! Sun Dec 23 2012, 00:14

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Natasha Whittam wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:The moronic fans will take longer than the rest of us to realise that DF knows what he's doing.

Sordell might have 15 goals right now if he'd played every game. No one knows.

So these idiots making out Freedman is the new messiah are laughable - you base your opinion on facts. The facts are Freedman has done better than Coyle, but we're not much closer to the play-offs than the day Coyle was sacked.

League position says we haven't, but our points tally says we have!!! It just shows how close this league actually is and how detemined most teams in wanting promotion to the big bucks boring Premier League.

7The Freedman has landed! Empty Re: The Freedman has landed! Sun Dec 23 2012, 09:38

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

We were not in a great position when Dougie took over but I think he is a safer pair of hands than Coyle and his crew.

8The Freedman has landed! Empty Re: The Freedman has landed! Sun Dec 23 2012, 10:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:We were not in a great position when Dougie took over but I think he is a safer pair of hands than Coyle and his crew.

Freedman is a lucky guy. Following Coyle is the easiest job in the world, he can't fail to better what that bellend did.

But we're still awful at the back, and after a couple of months in charge you'd have thought a decent manager would at least have made small improvements.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum