Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Boyata back in the frame?

+9
Hipster_Nebula
JonnyRandom
Boggersbelief
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
jayjay23
Reebok Trotter
BoltonTillIDie
Bolton Nuts
13 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Boyata back in the frame? Empty Boyata back in the frame? Tue Jan 08 2013, 21:44

Bolton Nuts

Admin

The Bolton News says there will be news tomorrow of an imminent signing at the Reebok. Is it somebody we already know about or does it have something to do with Manchester City cutting short Dedryck Boyata's loan at FC Twente?

The Manchester City website has this to say "The Belgian defender could well continue his education at another club"

Would they cut his loan short if they didn't have a placement lined up?

Would you be glad of a return?

https://boltonnuts.forumotion.co.uk

2Boyata back in the frame? Empty Re: Boyata back in the frame? Tue Jan 08 2013, 21:46

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It'll be Craig Davies...

3Boyata back in the frame? Empty Re: Boyata back in the frame? Tue Jan 08 2013, 21:51

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

According to CW, Craig Davies was in Bolton today. I reckon this is the more likely.

4Boyata back in the frame? Empty Re: Boyata back in the frame? Tue Jan 08 2013, 21:51

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Yeah, Craig Davies, the BN love winding us up with stuff we already know!

5Boyata back in the frame? Empty Re: Boyata back in the frame? Tue Jan 08 2013, 21:55

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

It will be CD, but on the Boyata front I can't see him coming back here but would personally take him back. I don't think he got a fair crack at the first team under OC and was often played at right back.

6Boyata back in the frame? Empty Re: Boyata back in the frame? Tue Jan 08 2013, 21:57

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I've read several things that suggest Craig Davies is pretty much a done deal. No doubt he'll be a cracking new benchwarmer for us.

7Boyata back in the frame? Empty Re: Boyata back in the frame? Tue Jan 08 2013, 21:58

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Craig Davies Twiiter account sort of indicates the chase is over:

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] "Wow the chase was crazy" 4hrs ago

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

8Boyata back in the frame? Empty Re: Boyata back in the frame? Tue Jan 08 2013, 22:03

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Well DF has already said he is pleased to secure his services.

9Boyata back in the frame? Empty Re: Boyata back in the frame? Tue Jan 08 2013, 22:21

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I said before that I'd take boyata back, especially if we played him at CB. He's a big strong lad, more suited to this league.

Someone slated me for this though, I think it was Natasha whittam.

10Boyata back in the frame? Empty Re: Boyata back in the frame? Tue Jan 08 2013, 22:31

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I've previously said i wouldnt have him back and i still stand by that. I personally think that he is no better that what we have now. If we are to bring a defender in he needs to be better that what we have got. Knight and mills are big and strong but it doesnt mean they are great defenders. Same can be said about boyata.

11Boyata back in the frame? Empty Re: Boyata back in the frame? Tue Jan 08 2013, 22:48

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Marc Iles - expect Craig Davies to be confirmed as a #bwfc player tomorrow. Think the paperwork is just being cleared by the Football League.

12Boyata back in the frame? Empty Re: Boyata back in the frame? Tue Jan 08 2013, 23:11

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Interesting tweet from CRAAAAIGGGG DAVISSS.

Apologies should have scored. I'm not a coward an will step up again.

foreshadowing his bolton blunders perhaps. I love you

13Boyata back in the frame? Empty Re: Boyata back in the frame? Tue Jan 08 2013, 23:30

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

I don't think signing Craig Davies is the best bit of business we could have done - he had to tattoo his own name on his arm for heavens sake. What is this, 50 First Dates?

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

14Boyata back in the frame? Empty Re: Boyata back in the frame? Wed Jan 09 2013, 00:04

Lofty_Love

Lofty_Love
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Didn't rate Boyata at all, he would not improve our defense

15Boyata back in the frame? Empty Re: Boyata back in the frame? Wed Jan 09 2013, 01:11

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Boyata is a very good player. Better than anyone we have at the back Defo one to watch.

16Boyata back in the frame? Empty Re: Boyata back in the frame? Wed Jan 09 2013, 10:36

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think that Boyata has a similar problem to Sordell - everyone can see the potential and has told them how great they are going to be before they've actually done anything. In both cases their progress is being hampered by premature evaluation.

17Boyata back in the frame? Empty Re: Boyata back in the frame? Wed Jan 09 2013, 10:50

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I wasn't over impressed with Cedric/Derek when he played for us tbh.

18Boyata back in the frame? Empty Re: Boyata back in the frame? Wed Jan 09 2013, 11:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Plus we don't need/want any more loanees. Our game time should be for our developing players.

19Boyata back in the frame? Empty Re: Boyata back in the frame? Wed Jan 09 2013, 11:39

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Ha ha, Derek Boyata. What a load of shite. He wouldn't even get in our current back four. He should retire.

20Boyata back in the frame? Empty Re: Boyata back in the frame? Wed Jan 09 2013, 12:10

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

His name is Dead Dick not Derek.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum