Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Razors

+6
wanderlust
doffcocker
JonnyRandom
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Leeds_Trotter
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Razors Empty Razors Fri Feb 01 2013, 20:35

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

These past few months I haven't been happy with my Gillette Fusion and decided to buy a different razor. This time I opted to purchase Gillette Pro Glide to find out that it cuts my face up and leaves me with blood all over my face. Are there any razors out there that any of you would recommend which won't cut my face up, but still give me a nice smooth shave?

2Razors Empty Re: Razors Fri Feb 01 2013, 20:49

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I am strictly old school when it comes to shaving i use an Edwin Jagger safety razor and taylor of old bond street soap w/brush.

I highly recommend doing it that way.

3Razors Empty Re: Razors Fri Feb 01 2013, 21:00

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I use a Gillette Mach 3 and it gives a good shave but the blades are bloody expensive for what they are. I have found the Bic safety razors to be just as efficient when on holiday but they don't give you as smooth a shave as the Gillette multi-blade.

I have tried electric razors but they are nowhere near as good as giving you a close shave like a blade.

I can recommend the Gillette pre shave scrub for applying to your face before you shave.

4Razors Empty Re: Razors Fri Feb 01 2013, 21:06

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Reebok Trotter wrote:I use a Gillette Mach 3 and it gives a good shave but the blades are bloody expensive for what they are. I have found the Bic safety razors to be just as efficient when on holiday but they don't give you as smooth a shave as the Gillette multi-blade.

I have tried electric razors but they are nowhere near as good as giving you a close shave like a blade.

I can recommend the Gillette pre shave scrub for applying to your face before you shave.
The thermal stuff?

5Razors Empty Re: Razors Fri Feb 01 2013, 22:18

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I just use a beard trimmer. Not gone clean shaven for years now

6Razors Empty Re: Razors Fri Feb 01 2013, 22:27

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I'd always despised and been shit at shaving. Such a piss around.

In December, Argos had various electric razors worth over £100 on sale at £30-£40, of which I informed Father Christmas right away.

Very impressed with it so far.

7Razors Empty Re: Razors Fri Feb 01 2013, 22:37

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Went out and purchased a Wilkinson's Hydro 5 power select, and I must say, I am very impressed with it, Very smooth close shave, and no cuts. Think I may need to invest in some of that thermal face scrub though, hate having to soak my face for ages to open up my pores. Cheers for all the help lads. Do any of you use post shave balm? I swear by that stuff myself, also use moisturiser too.

8Razors Empty Re: Razors Sat Feb 02 2013, 00:30

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I would recommend a Gillette Fusion.

9Razors Empty Re: Razors Sat Feb 02 2013, 08:09

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I use a Gillette Fusion ProGlide to keep my beard under control.

10Razors Empty Re: Razors Sat Feb 02 2013, 08:34

LW23

Mario Jardel
Mario Jardel

orange bic £1 for 20 use once on head and face then bin total cost about £4/5 a year

11Razors Empty Re: Razors Sat Feb 02 2013, 11:25

WhiteBic

WhiteBic
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Merkur (£20) then you can get 100 blades from ebay for £8 (derby extra). 1 blade = 8 shaves so a pack of 100 will last me a decade. I lather up with a brush and soap. God I'm boring

12Razors Empty Re: Razors Sat Feb 02 2013, 14:06

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I HATE shaving, it feels like such a waste of time and indeed life. That said, I HAVE to shave, so I use a cheap Philips electric shaver. Good when used with Duracell batteries. Never given me any trouble.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum