Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Explain your name!

+20
wanderlust
JonnyRandom
Alf Hooker
bwfc71
Soul Kitchen
doffcocker
Angry Dad
xmiles
BoltonTillIDie
Mr Magoo
Copper Dragon
Leeds_Trotter
Sluffy
WhiteBic
Reebok Trotter
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
Reebok_Rebel
Natasha Whittam
Sgt. Bash
24 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

21Explain your name! - Page 2 Empty Re: Explain your name! Mon Feb 04 2013, 19:37

Mr Magoo

Mr Magoo
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

My fucking eyes are going shit, and my dick looks bigger with these glasses on.
My other half uses them at hanky panky time. Very Happy

22Explain your name! - Page 2 Empty Re: Explain your name! Mon Feb 04 2013, 19:59

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Boggersbelief wrote:I'm the only one with no thought behind my name it seems.

Yes, it boggers belief, it really does.

23Explain your name! - Page 2 Empty Re: Explain your name! Mon Feb 04 2013, 20:03

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

The year was 1980 and it was a hot summers day in July, my mum had just given birth to me and was showing me off to the midwives. My mum said she saw a scruffy looking woman and made eye contact with her and felt a cold shiver down spine. Then suddenly the woman's eyes went a violent shade of red and ran over to my mum and shouted at me, "I curse you! You will support Bolton until your dying day!" The name Bolton Till I die seemed appropriate.

24Explain your name! - Page 2 Empty Re: Explain your name! Mon Feb 04 2013, 20:11

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

BoltonTillIDie wrote:The year was 1980 and it was a hot summers day in July, my mum had just given birth to me and was showing me off to the midwives. My mum said she saw a scruffy looking woman and made eye contact with her and felt a cold shiver down spine. Then suddenly the woman's eyes went a violent shade of red and ran over to my mum and shouted at me, "I curse you! You will support Bolton until your dying day!" The name Bolton Till I die seemed appropriate.

Yes sometimes it does feel like a curse being a Bolton fan.

My name comes from a while back when I was registering on another site and they wanted a user name. I'm a big Miles Davis fan so I put Miles down. Unfortunately the site insisted on a six letter minimum for user names so I just added an X.

25Explain your name! - Page 2 Empty Re: Explain your name! Mon Feb 04 2013, 20:38

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

Ask my kids.

26Explain your name! - Page 2 Empty Re: Explain your name! Mon Feb 04 2013, 20:55

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Doffcocker Lodge is my favourite place to walk the dog. I'm up there several times a week - very peaceful.
I also spent a lot of time at Doffcocker Inn watching Wanderers on a foreign channel as a small kid when all the Halliwell Road pubs were strictly under-18 free zones. I like a drink there from time to time, too.

So, very sentimental as usual.

27Explain your name! - Page 2 Empty Re: Explain your name! Mon Feb 04 2013, 21:09

Soul Kitchen

Soul Kitchen
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Soul Kitchen is a Doors song that I happened to be listening when I signed up.

28Explain your name! - Page 2 Empty Re: Explain your name! Mon Feb 04 2013, 23:05

bwfc71

bwfc71
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

The team I have always supported and the year I was born!

29Explain your name! - Page 2 Empty Re: Explain your name! Tue Feb 05 2013, 00:07

Alf Hooker

David Lee
David Lee

Well if no-one else will...

30Explain your name! - Page 2 Empty Re: Explain your name! Tue Feb 05 2013, 06:53

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I had a very good friend who i used to work with when i was 17. When i was 18 he was going away with all his best mates but had a drop out so asked if i wanted to go. Obviously i went but didnt have a clue who the rest of the lads where and they didnt know me. They just started callin me jonnyrandom and its stuck with old friends and new ones!

31Explain your name! - Page 2 Empty Re: Explain your name! Tue Feb 05 2013, 08:08

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

OK I'll play. It's got nothing to do with being randy. Used to follow the Wanderers all over the shop but then work took me all over the world. Some years later when I got back from my travels I opened a few small businesses and my travel was restricted as I was working silly hours. Love to travel, love the Whites hence Wanderlust which means "a strong desire for or impulse to wander or travel and explore the world".

Rather spoiled by the recent crap film of that name.

32Explain your name! - Page 2 Empty Re: Explain your name! Tue Feb 05 2013, 08:59

Norpig

Norpig
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Anyone who remeberers the late 80's and early 90's will remember a blow up pig in a wanderers strip being thrown around the Burnden Paddock from time to time. It was probably around this time i started going to the football (my first game on my own as a 15 year old was Grimsby at home in our first match in Division 4).

Does anyone still have a Norpig? I did have a Norpig as my avatar when i first joined here so for all you young un's google it if you've never seen one!

33Explain your name! - Page 2 Empty Re: Explain your name! Tue Feb 05 2013, 09:29

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Norpig wrote:Anyone who remeberers the late 80's and early 90's will remember a blow up pig in a wanderers strip being thrown around the Burnden Paddock from time to time. It was probably around this time i started going to the football (my first game on my own as a 15 year old was Grimsby at home in our first match in Division 4).

Does anyone still have a Norpig? I did have a Norpig as my avatar when i first joined here so for all you young un's google it if you've never seen one!

I swapped my Norpig for a Torquay scarf at the Sherpa Van Trophy Final in 1989. Big mistake.

34Explain your name! - Page 2 Empty Re: Explain your name! Tue Feb 05 2013, 11:58

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I have a Norpig and a Happy Wanderer somewhere. If you look carefully on the Sherpa Van Trophy final video you can spot me with my Norpig.

35Explain your name! - Page 2 Empty Re: Explain your name! Tue Feb 05 2013, 12:30

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:I have a Norpig and a Happy Wanderer somewhere. If you look carefully on the Sherpa Van Trophy final video you can spot me with my Norpig.

I've just flicked through the video, are you a fat bastard in flared trousers?

36Explain your name! - Page 2 Empty Re: Explain your name! Tue Feb 05 2013, 12:34

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

No but it does sound like my brother.

37Explain your name! - Page 2 Empty Re: Explain your name! Tue Feb 05 2013, 14:23

Banks of the Croal

Banks of the Croal
Frank Worthington
Frank Worthington

Mine comes from Burnden being by The River Croal and walking past the Croal
when on my way to the Match late 50s and 60's when i was a kid.

Explain your name! - Page 2 ImageFile_480
although the water you can see in this picture is the old Canal at Church Wharf.

This one shows the Croal nearer Burnden.

Enlarge this image
Explain your name! - Page 2 ImageFile_480

38Explain your name! - Page 2 Empty Re: Explain your name! Tue Feb 05 2013, 14:30

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

My Christian name is Kevin and I earned the moniker "Keegan" on the footy fields of my youth due to my lack of ability. A cruel joke that stuck. No

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum