Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Holden comes through 90mins

5 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Holden comes through 90mins Empty Holden comes through 90mins Wed Feb 06 2013, 12:24

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Stuart Holden successfully came through 90 minutes of behind-closed-doors action on Tuesday afternoon, as the American continues to step up his rehabilitation work.

''Things are going well,” he said. “The medical team have been keeping a real close eye on my progress. They have got me working to a very detailed and careful training schedule.

“The only thing that hasn’t helped is the weather! I have had a few games that I was set to play in called off, so we have had to tweak the programme.

“To play the full 90 minutes at Euxton was great, despite the conditions! It was another huge step forward for me. I felt good out on the pitch and to play the full game was great. Now I just want to keep on track and keep progressing.

“I have had great support from my family, friends and of course the club and supporters. The fans have been really good, sending me messages of encouragement and nice words when I am out and about, so again I would like to thank everyone for that.

“It was good to be involved in the first team games against Sunderland and Everton. The reception I got from the Bolton fans at both Sunderland and the Reebok was a really special moment for me – it was a great feeling.

“We are sticking to the plan and making sure all the boxes are ticked and that I am at 100 percent.”

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

2Holden comes through 90mins Empty Re: Holden comes through 90mins Wed Feb 06 2013, 13:36

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Promising signs that he can go on to make a full recovery, still early days but I expect to see him feature in the first team more now. I wouldn't be suprised to se him start within the next 3 games.

3Holden comes through 90mins Empty Re: Holden comes through 90mins Wed Feb 06 2013, 14:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Promising signs that he can go on to make a full recovery, still early days but I expect to see him feature in the first team more now. I wouldn't be suprised to se him start within the next 3 games.

Dougie still has the "not mentally fit for the Championship" card to play. We won't see Holden until April.

4Holden comes through 90mins Empty Re: Holden comes through 90mins Wed Feb 06 2013, 14:29

You seem to be getting excited about a player who hasn't kicked a ball for 2 years. You do realise he'll be rubbish when he returns, they always are.

5Holden comes through 90mins Empty Re: Holden comes through 90mins Wed Feb 06 2013, 14:32

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bolton Hater wrote:You seem to be getting excited about a player who hasn't kicked a ball for 2 years. You do realise he'll be rubbish when he returns, they always are.

Hasn't jack wilshere just been out for 14 months? He's not too bad..

6Holden comes through 90mins Empty Re: Holden comes through 90mins Wed Feb 06 2013, 14:38

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Excellent news. He will make a huge difference when he's fully fit.

7Holden comes through 90mins Empty Re: Holden comes through 90mins Wed Feb 06 2013, 14:52

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Bolton Hater wrote:You seem to be getting excited about a player who hasn't kicked a ball for 2 years. You do realise he'll be rubbish when he returns, they always are.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum