Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

So now who is the best 11?

+4
Reebok Trotter
wanderlust
JonnyRandom
jayjay23
8 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1So now who is the best 11? Empty So now who is the best 11? Sat Feb 09 2013, 18:59

jayjay23

jayjay23
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Sorry, but it has to be asked.

We have 6 players just arrived and several back from injury. Just who are the right ones to take us forward now? We have a potential selection dilema with several players starting to really impress.

Alonso has made Left Back his own. Which in a way frees Ricketts up to play RB or centrally. But even Mears is starting to look much better. Dawson was good today and should replace Knight with Ricketts in the middle and Knight benched. We also have Wheater who will be hoping to trot back into the first 11.

Back four...

Mears, Ricketts, Dawson, Alonso

In the midfield we have Vela performing well, Spearing holding his own and deserving his place and today we saw DeRidder really looking good enough for a starting place - looked really up for it. Pratley has come on leaps and bounds and Lee's form has gone up too. Eagles form has dipped but he is by no means finished for the season, perhaps needs a good rest up. Then we have the return of Holden and Mavies and the arrival of Medo too. Midfield is a real melting pot and it is very tough to pick the best of the bunch. We have so many players worthy of a spot for midfield that it is difficult to justify not using 5 of them. Andrews can be sacked though for me.

Lee, DeRidder, Holden, Mavies, Vela, Spearing, Medo, Pratley, Eagles - 9 midfield players all worth a starting spot on their day.

I would prefer this at the moment...

DeRidder Vela Spearing Pratley Lee

and have Holden and Medo playing from the bench (for now with a view to them pushing out Pratley). Eagles having a break and Mavies will have to work his way back.

And then up front we have similar issues. Everyone will want to be playing but the men in form look likely to be Sordell and Craig Davies. Ngog seems better off the bench to be honest. If we play to our strenghts I really don't see much of a place for SKD other than on the bench too.

Up top.

Sordell (to be subbed with C Davies and Ngog like today)

Never fear... Dougie will get it right!!

2So now who is the best 11? Empty Re: So now who is the best 11? Sat Feb 09 2013, 23:01

Wouldn't have Vela anywhere near the first 11.

3So now who is the best 11? Empty Re: So now who is the best 11? Sun Feb 10 2013, 09:55

JonnyRandom

JonnyRandom
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Lonergan, mears, wheater, dawson, alonso, de ridder, lee, holden, mavies, medo, sordell/cavies.

Thats would be mine when everyones fit

4So now who is the best 11? Empty Re: So now who is the best 11? Sun Feb 10 2013, 12:46

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Horses for courses - they should all get a game from time to time to keep it fresh. But what we shouldn't do is play Sordell up front on his own. He was completely isolated yesterday.

I know Dougie likes to start games off playing a lone striker but we are at our best when we play with 2. Now that we can see Cavies is likely to put himself about in the SKD style we should play him with either Ngog or Sordell IMO.

In the past, playing a 442 or 4132 has caused us problems at the back, but slowly and surely we're starting to consolidate and the addition of Medo could liberate us to play 2 strikers. We could then rotate the other 3 midfielders as required.

Won't happen, but I think it's unfair to slag off Sordell or Ngog when they're up top on their own as it's not their game.

5So now who is the best 11? Empty Re: So now who is the best 11? Sun Feb 10 2013, 13:05

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

wanderlust wrote:

I think it's unfair to slag off Sordell or Ngog when they're up top on their own as it's not their game.

This. I much prefer 4-4-2 providing we have creative midfielders who can do the job being asked of them.

A midfield of Chungy, Medo, Holden and Mark Davies would be a force to be reckoned with, especially if we played Sordell and Craig Davies up front. I can see plenty of goals coming from that partnership.

Lonergan, Ricketts, Dawson, Wheater, Alonso at the back.

What a team that could turn into.

6So now who is the best 11? Empty Re: So now who is the best 11? Sun Feb 10 2013, 13:09

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Lonergan
Ricketts - wheater - Dawson - alonso
Kamara
CYL - Holden - eagles
Mavies
Sordell.

Our best formation and 11 when all players available, end of.

7So now who is the best 11? Empty Re: So now who is the best 11? Sun Feb 10 2013, 13:12

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Boggersbelief wrote:Lonergan
Kamara
CYL - Holden - eagles
Mavies
Sordell.

I'd give Eagles a rest and put Craig Davies up front with Sordell , other than that , I agree with you.

8So now who is the best 11? Empty Re: So now who is the best 11? Sun Feb 10 2013, 13:17

wanderlust

wanderlust
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Reebok Trotter wrote:
This. I much prefer 4-4-2 providing we have creative midfielders who can do the job being asked of them.

A midfield of Chungy, Medo, Holden and Mark Davies would be a force to be reckoned with, especially if we played Sordell and Craig Davies up front.

Much as I like that midfield I would be slightly concerned if Medo was sitting deeper in front of the back four. Potentially very creative in possession but not much in the way of box-to-box legs or midfield battlers in Lee, Holden and Mavies when we don't have the ball. It could work but equally it could put a lot of pressure on Medo and the back 4 and I could envisage the strikers getting pulled back to help out which defeats the objective of having 2. Not sure how it would go, but I would definitely like to see that team. One thing in it's favour is that Ricketts and Alonso like to push on and reinforce the midfield whenever they can.

9So now who is the best 11? Empty Re: So now who is the best 11? Sun Feb 10 2013, 13:18

Tigermin

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Reebok Trotter wrote:
Boggersbelief wrote:Lonergan
Kamara
CYL - Holden - eagles
Mavies
Sordell.

I'd give Eagles a rest and put Craig Davies up front with Sordell , other than that , I agree with you.

Ngog and 10 others

10So now who is the best 11? Empty Re: So now who is the best 11? Sun Feb 10 2013, 13:20

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

We've not even seen Medo play yet Laughing

11So now who is the best 11? Empty Re: So now who is the best 11? Sun Feb 10 2013, 13:21

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

No one's actually seen the bugger play. He'll be lightweight.

12So now who is the best 11? Empty Re: So now who is the best 11? Sun Feb 10 2013, 13:25

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bernard Dennis Park wrote:We've not even seen Medo play yet Laughing

I'm an avid viewer of the Serbian leagues.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum