Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Southampton v Milwall.

+3
doffcocker
aaron_bwfc
Reebok Trotter
7 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Southampton v Milwall. Empty Southampton v Milwall. Tue Feb 07 2012, 13:47

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

It's the FA Cup replay tonight. Who do we want to win ? I'd prefer Milwall because I have never been to the new Den and I am looking forward to sampling some of that good old cockney hospitality that Millwall are noted for.

2Southampton v Milwall. Empty Re: Southampton v Milwall. Tue Feb 07 2012, 13:53

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

I think both teams represent a good opportunity to get into the quater finals, but personally I would like Southampton as there will be a few of us going if Southampton win.

Wouldn't go to Milwall if you paid me.

3Southampton v Milwall. Empty Re: Southampton v Milwall. Tue Feb 07 2012, 13:56

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

I have a season ticket with a Southampton fan. He's never been to St. Mary's so if they get through we plan to go to the match and split the cost of travel if tickets are reasonably priced.

I'm also keen to sample a bit of the New Den. If we went to Millwall, I could see some of the gobshites that 'support' us turning up thinking they can get a bit of streetcred for mouthing off, and then taking a pasting. That would be well worth a trip to London to watch.

4Southampton v Milwall. Empty Re: Southampton v Milwall. Tue Feb 07 2012, 14:03

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I reckon I will be going either way. You can fly from Manchester to Southampton with FlyBe for £208 return. Do they think we are all loaded in Manchester ?

5Southampton v Milwall. Empty Re: Southampton v Milwall. Tue Feb 07 2012, 14:17

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Went to University in Southampton so it's a bit of a home town for me.

Hope we play them again.

6Southampton v Milwall. Empty Re: Southampton v Milwall. Tue Feb 07 2012, 19:44

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

I guess based on the following comments that Millwall will start as favourites tonight -

Arindam Rej reports: "FA Cup glory is what kids dream of - and it's kids who'll be playing for Southampton tonight. Boss Nigel Adkins says: "We've got a good, strong squad of players and now and again we want to utilise the youth."

BUT then again -

Arindam Rej reports: "Tadanari Lee is a hero in Japan, having volleyed home their Asian Cup final winner against Australia in front of nearly 40,000 fans. But can he earn a cult following in Hampshire? Today's his first start for Southampton, who make seven changes.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]

7Southampton v Milwall. Empty Re: Southampton v Milwall. Tue Feb 07 2012, 20:48

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

1-1 at half time.

8Southampton v Milwall. Empty Re: Southampton v Milwall. Tue Feb 07 2012, 21:30

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

2-2 with extra time looming.

9Southampton v Milwall. Empty Re: Southampton v Milwall. Tue Feb 07 2012, 21:41

Michael Bolton

Michael Bolton
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Millwall scored a last minute winner, I didn't give them much chance of winning at Southampton. Shame in one way as Southampton is a nice place and good club, would have been good to see us play there. Instead its Millwall, probably an easier game. Am half tempted to go down there as it may all kick off, I fancy giving some Millwall fans a beating and I would get some enjoyment out of singing "You're going home in a suitcase".

10Southampton v Milwall. Empty Re: Southampton v Milwall. Wed Feb 08 2012, 00:41

Anyone remember a game at Millwall, would have been mid 90's. It was on ITV John Mcginlay scored a chip from about 20 yards off the crossbar. For some reason I believe Bolton fans where banned from going to that game or am I just imagining it?

11Southampton v Milwall. Empty Re: Southampton v Milwall. Wed Feb 08 2012, 08:52

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

At 2-1 I didn't give much chance to Milwall but credit to them.

I feel we have the easier team out of the 2 but it's still going to be one tricky tie.

12Southampton v Milwall. Empty Re: Southampton v Milwall. Wed Feb 08 2012, 12:53

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Adults - £20
Over-65s - £11
Under-16s - £10
Under-12s - £5

Ticket information released today.

13Southampton v Milwall. Empty Re: Southampton v Milwall. Wed Feb 08 2012, 12:54

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Not a bad price to be fair, I think tickets go on sale this Friday.

14Southampton v Milwall. Empty Re: Southampton v Milwall. Wed Feb 08 2012, 14:08

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

£25 on the coach from the Reebok.

15Southampton v Milwall. Empty Re: Southampton v Milwall. Wed Feb 08 2012, 19:53

Culcheth_White

Culcheth_White
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

I think if we are held to a draw at millwall, we might not have many seats left in the South stand, in the return fixture.Wink I always remember Millwall visiting Luton back in the 80's, they were rum buggers!

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

16Southampton v Milwall. Empty Re: Southampton v Milwall. Wed Feb 08 2012, 19:57

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Their fans do have a fearsome reputation. The ground holds 20,000 so we should get an allocation of at least 3,000 with it being the FA Cup. £ 20 per adults is a decent price for a London club.

Hopefully it will be a full house.

17Southampton v Milwall. Empty Re: Southampton v Milwall. Wed Feb 08 2012, 22:29

doffcocker

doffcocker
Ivan Campo
Ivan Campo

Does anyone get in as an over 60?
I go to away matches with my dad (I don't have a friend in the world who is a Bolton supporter) who's 56, so whether I go to away matches is usually dependent on whether my dad can justify the cost, as otherwise I'd have to use public transport and alone. If he could get in as an over 60, this would obviously increase the number of away matches he and consequently I go to.

Do they ask for proof of age?

18Southampton v Milwall. Empty Re: Southampton v Milwall. Thu Feb 09 2012, 10:22

Reebok Trotter

Reebok Trotter
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

If your dad is 56 he should have no problem getting an over 60 ticket. I don't know if they check the tickets but how could they prove your dad was under 60 ?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum