Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Gordon Ramsay

+7
Boggersbelief
Hipster_Nebula
Sluffy
Natasha Whittam
BoltonTillIDie
Bernard Dennis Park
Jamster26
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Gordon Ramsay Empty Gordon Ramsay Thu Feb 21 2013, 20:10

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Anyone a fan of Gordon Ramsay?

One of the top chefs in the world but his style has often been criticised by people / tabloids over the years." He doesn't show anyone any respect", "he's a bully" etc.

Do you think it's right to label him as a bully or is he simply trying to motivate people to perform better? And to be frank, a kick up the backside is perhaps what some people need sometimes. Epecially when he's trying to turn a restaurant's fortune around like in the Kitchen Nightmares series. I couldn't see for example, someone like Jamie Oliver doing something like that.

But anway, what are your thoughts on Gordon Ramsay?

2Gordon Ramsay Empty Re: Gordon Ramsay Thu Feb 21 2013, 20:13

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I heard Lee Chapman chased him down the road.

So I think he's a pussy.

3Gordon Ramsay Empty Re: Gordon Ramsay Thu Feb 21 2013, 20:19

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I think he's fair, and like you say, it's sometimes needed for him to act like a bully. Still would like to see him get smacked by someone who doesn't want to take his sh1t.

4Gordon Ramsay Empty Re: Gordon Ramsay Thu Feb 21 2013, 20:24

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I love Gordon Ramsey. Love all his shows. Love it when he bollocks someone. He's probably not quite so bad in real life but I've read that he works very hard on those "Kitchen Nightmare" shows he does ,so fair play to him.

5Gordon Ramsay Empty Re: Gordon Ramsay Thu Feb 21 2013, 20:24

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Quite liked his 'Kitchen Knightmares' but I'm certain he plays up to his image on TV.

Possibly he's turned into a caricature of himself in real life - but only those who know him would be aware of that - if not it is probably all an act he puts on.

Made a few bob out of it anyway!

6Gordon Ramsay Empty Re: Gordon Ramsay Thu Feb 21 2013, 20:29

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

I much prefered the UK Kitchen Nightmares to the US ones. The American ones were over the top, exaggerated, soap opera TV. The UK ones focus on the actual business and every show was different to the last.

I agree with Sluffy though, I do think he plays up the camera to some extent but that's also what makes it so good to watch.

7Gordon Ramsay Empty Re: Gordon Ramsay Thu Feb 21 2013, 20:31

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Jamster26 wrote:I much prefered the UK Kitchen Nightmares to the US ones. The American ones were over the top, exaggerated, soap opera TV. The UK ones focus on the actual business and every show was different to the last.

I agree, the UK one was a hundred times better. The yank version is over the top but that's how the yanks like their TV so it's probably not Ramsey's fault.

8Gordon Ramsay Empty Re: Gordon Ramsay Thu Feb 21 2013, 20:32

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

I used to really enjoy his shows but there's only so much life you suck out of the screaming and shouting act.

Now he "vomits" in bins and I'm sure most of the "arguments" are completely scripted.

Just nonsense.

I much prefer other cooking shows nowadays.

9Gordon Ramsay Empty Re: Gordon Ramsay Thu Feb 21 2013, 20:36

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Gordon Ramsay is a legend.

10Gordon Ramsay Empty Re: Gordon Ramsay Thu Feb 21 2013, 20:37

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Hipster_Nebula wrote:

I much prefer other cooking shows nowadays.

Not really a cooking show though is it Hipster.

11Gordon Ramsay Empty Re: Gordon Ramsay Thu Feb 21 2013, 22:07

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Jam, I see you are new on here. I'm not one of the old brigade myself but I wouldn't demene myself by reading comments about a foul mouth, egomaniac such as Gordon Ramsay.
Who care's if you like that loud-mouth,self-important, vile person or not?
Not really a reasonable topic of conversation I would have thought.

12Gordon Ramsay Empty Re: Gordon Ramsay Thu Feb 21 2013, 22:40

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

chipbutty wrote:Jam, I see you are new on here. I'm not one of the old brigade myself but I wouldn't demene myself by reading comments about a foul mouth, egomaniac such as Gordon Ramsay.
Who care's if you like that loud-mouth,self-important, vile person or not?
Not really a reasonable topic of conversation I would have thought.

It's the thread police.

Chipbutty, what do you have against people who speak their mind? Perhaps if we all did it life would be much simpler.

13Gordon Ramsay Empty Re: Gordon Ramsay Thu Feb 21 2013, 22:43

Leeds_Trotter

El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

I used to like him, until it turns out one of his places had rats. He's ok going around giving it the big I am, but maybe he should look a little closer to home before telling others.

14Gordon Ramsay Empty Re: Gordon Ramsay Thu Feb 21 2013, 22:44

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

SweetMacdonald on BB has a very similar way of speakin' to CHIPBUTTY.

chrueter i reckon.

15Gordon Ramsay Empty Re: Gordon Ramsay Thu Feb 21 2013, 22:50

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Natasha, why do you think I against speaking your mind, I'm all for it, that's what I do all the time (sometimes making me a bit unpopular).

My criticism of Jam's post was not that he opened the topic, but that the subject (Ramsay) is not worthy of such attention.

16Gordon Ramsay Empty Re: Gordon Ramsay Thu Feb 21 2013, 22:52

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

chipbutty wrote:Natasha, why do you think I against speaking your mind, I'm all for it, that's what I do all the time (sometimes making me a bit unpopular).

My criticism of Jam's post was not that he opened the topic, but that the subject (Ramsay) is not worthy of such attention.

Maybe not to you, but it clearly is to others.

Ramsey is a larger than life character, some people love him some hate him. He has a lot in common with me.

17Gordon Ramsay Empty Re: Gordon Ramsay Thu Feb 21 2013, 23:49

chipbutty

chipbutty
Nicolas Anelka
Nicolas Anelka

Natasha, I neither love or hate Ramsay, I saw him once for about five mins. and decided that he wasn't for me, if others like him, fine. I am certainly not in the business of telling people who they should like or dislike.

But as the topic of TV personalities is open (and it's not worth opening a new one) what do you think of Professor Brian Cox, he of the current Wonders of Life prog. on BBC2.
I only say this because he also has his fans and also those who don't like him.
Personally I can't make up my mind. His programs are very interesting but he comes across as a 17yr old in an after class debating club, not that that is a bad thing you understand.

In my view there is no comparison between Brian Cox and Gordon Ramsay (of course disregarding their subjects).
Cox is interested in the science whereas (in my opinion) Ramsay tries to make the subject 'Gordon Ramsay'.

I know who I'd rather be sat next to in seat No. 47B on a flight to Sydney.

18Gordon Ramsay Empty Re: Gordon Ramsay Fri Feb 22 2013, 00:23

Angry Dad

Angry Dad
Youri Djorkaeff
Youri Djorkaeff

I hate all these shows with blokes as chefs, only like nigella and i loved the two fat ladies, as for ramsey i'd smack him in the face with a frying pan as he came through the door.

19Gordon Ramsay Empty Re: Gordon Ramsay Fri Feb 22 2013, 08:35

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

chipbutty wrote:Natasha, why do you think I against speaking your mind, I'm all for it, that's what I do all the time (sometimes making me a bit unpopular).

Well, it's interested others to make several contributions.

20Gordon Ramsay Empty Re: Gordon Ramsay Fri Feb 22 2013, 09:42

Triumph

Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

He's a total arse hole, but for his vile language no one would take him seriously,

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum