Bolton Wanderers Football Club Fan Forum for all BWFC Supporters.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best Bolton Manager"Ever".

+9
aaron_bwfc
BoltonTillIDie
Jamster26
Bernard Dennis Park
Sluffy
Hipster_Nebula
Boggersbelief
Natasha Whittam
scottjames30
13 posters

Reply to topic

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Best Bolton Manager"Ever". Empty Best Bolton Manager"Ever". Fri Feb 22 2013, 18:40

scottjames30

scottjames30
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Was it Big Sam?

Was it Bruce Rioch?

Was it Colin Todd?

Who the fuck was it?

2Best Bolton Manager"Ever". Empty Re: Best Bolton Manager"Ever". Fri Feb 22 2013, 18:42

Natasha Whittam

Natasha Whittam
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

scottjames30 wrote:Was it Big Sam?

Was it Bruce Rioch?

Was it Colin Todd?

Who the fuck was it?

Phil Brown has the best win ratio.

3Best Bolton Manager"Ever". Empty Re: Best Bolton Manager"Ever". Fri Feb 22 2013, 18:45

Boggersbelief

Boggersbelief
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

In my lifetime and perhaps ever, Sam allardyce.

He did it the wrong way but he brought immense success.

4Best Bolton Manager"Ever". Empty Re: Best Bolton Manager"Ever". Fri Feb 22 2013, 18:47

Hipster_Nebula

Hipster_Nebula
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Dougie. :number1:

5Best Bolton Manager"Ever". Empty Re: Best Bolton Manager"Ever". Fri Feb 22 2013, 19:14

Sluffy

Sluffy
Admin

Charles Foweraker is probably the best 'ever' manager we had - he won 3 FA Cups and achieved I believe (without checking the records) our highest ever League finish - but I guess the question is probably meant as the best manager we have in 'recent years'.

The older ones amongst us will remember managers such as Bill Ridding, Jimmy Armfield, and Ian Greaves as well as those that most of us do remember - such as those in Scotty's opening post on this thread.

One means of rating managers I would suggest is to see in what esteem other clubs held them in at the time.

Really there are only three to mention using this method - Allardyce who has gone on to manage three Premier teams - non of them (if the Newcastle fans will permit me to say) particularly 'big' clubs.

Rioch who went on to manage Arsenal - who at the time was one of the biggest clubs in the country - but didn't really achieve any success to speak of.

And finally Jimmy Armfield who went on to manage Leeds United who were - you youngsters may not believe this - the biggest club in the country at the time.

Armfield's Leeds should have won the European Cup (the forerunner to today’s Champions League) but was 'cheated' out of a victory by a ref who was later chucked out of the game for fixing this and other games.

Jimmy Armfield therefore gets my vote for being our best manager in the last 50 years or so.

Last edited by Sluffy on Fri Feb 22 2013, 19:47; edited 1 time in total

6Best Bolton Manager"Ever". Empty Re: Best Bolton Manager"Ever". Fri Feb 22 2013, 19:18

Bernard Dennis Park

Bernard Dennis Park
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Charles Foweraker is the best in terms of winning stuff.

Rioch is the best in my time watching us.

7Best Bolton Manager"Ever". Empty Re: Best Bolton Manager"Ever". Fri Feb 22 2013, 19:21

Owen Coyle. A legend in Blackburn.

8Best Bolton Manager"Ever". Empty Re: Best Bolton Manager"Ever". Fri Feb 22 2013, 19:31

Jamster26

Jamster26
Tony Kelly
Tony Kelly

Big Sam.

What he did was unbelievable and his success will never be matched I don't think.

9Best Bolton Manager"Ever". Empty Re: Best Bolton Manager"Ever". Fri Feb 22 2013, 19:32

BoltonTillIDie

BoltonTillIDie
Nat Lofthouse
Nat Lofthouse

Bruce Rioch was the best IMO, followed by Sam

10Best Bolton Manager"Ever". Empty Re: Best Bolton Manager"Ever". Fri Feb 22 2013, 19:35

aaron_bwfc

aaron_bwfc

Jamster26 wrote:Big Sam.

What he did was unbelievable and his success will never be matched I don't think.

:agree:

11Best Bolton Manager"Ever". Empty Re: Best Bolton Manager"Ever". Fri Feb 22 2013, 21:26

NickFazer

NickFazer
El Hadji Diouf
El Hadji Diouf

Allardyce, he brought the most success. The Rioch team was fantastic to watch, shame he left, bloody Arsenal.

12Best Bolton Manager"Ever". Empty Re: Best Bolton Manager"Ever". Fri Feb 22 2013, 22:26

Rioch

13Best Bolton Manager"Ever". Empty Re: Best Bolton Manager"Ever". Fri Feb 22 2013, 22:42

Keegan

Keegan
Admin

Colin Todd. He brought Bibi to Bolton.

https://forum.boltonnuts.co.uk

14Best Bolton Manager"Ever". Empty Re: Best Bolton Manager"Ever". Fri Feb 22 2013, 22:45

Sgt. Bash

Sgt. Bash
Andy Walker
Andy Walker

Fat Boy "I eat 456 pies a day and drink loads of beer" Allardyce.

He is a knob, but they do tend to make the best managers.

Ironically, Mr nice guy Coyle is our worst.

15Best Bolton Manager"Ever". Empty Re: Best Bolton Manager"Ever". Sat Feb 23 2013, 11:57

xmiles

xmiles
Jay Jay Okocha
Jay Jay Okocha

Allardyce.

I could actually have a reasonable chance of seeing us win when he was our manager.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Reply to topic

Permissions in this forum:
You can reply to topics in this forum